Pertisau Travel Guide

Pertisau from Barenkopf
    Normal sight in Pertisau-Tirol
    by adema29
    The end of a sunny day, up in the Alps

Pertisau Things to Do

by adema29 Updated Aug 8, 2013

We like hiking but we are far to be qualified enough for what happened this time.
    Probably the most painful lessons about hiking we have learnt this year in Tirol :))
    Beautiful day, good (and brand new) equipment-excepting the hiking sticks (first time we've missed them) a lot of energy and the best mood for a short hiking.
    The plan was to go up with the cable car, take some photos with Achensee and the paragliders and, after an hour trip via Barenbadalm to go back to the hotel for the lunch.
    Due to the fact that we were not used to the place names and as I am never ready to go back when I start something (you call it probably "stubbornness"), we've ended up the day in Maurach, making a mistake after another one, completely exhausted and ruining all day and the one after due to the heatstroke.
    So, instead of Barenbadalm we were following the trail to Barenkopf (something about a bear, isn't it?), a medium-hard hiking route, anyway, far harder for my wife and my 9 years old son, hard for me too, especially the last part of it.
    After I have finally reached the top only with my son (my wife -smarter- just gave-up and waited for us 200 m before the end of the trail), tired and already nervous, we have lead to the second mistake.
    Instead of going back on the same route, we have preferred to take a "shortcut" (never do this on the mountains!) to Weisenbachalm, being sure that this is the easy way down to Achensee, as it follows the bottom of a valley.
    And, the third mistake, we went down to Maurach as a nice "highlander" (probably even less experienced than us) recommend us to do this. Instead of the planned one hour easy trip we did 7-8 hours on a difficult trail, without having enough water or energy to do this.
    And to look even funniest, we have done all those mistakes, having a very good map on our backpack.
    So, this was the best "don't do like me" lesson I have given to my son.
    I will share it with you too, without having any intention to compete with Bear Grylls :)
    Anyway, the trail was amazing and the view... breath-taking. I am sure that you'll appreciate it, just be better prepared for this than we were.
    To convince you, I'll attach here some of our photos and believe me, is not easy to choose.
    Conclusions:
    1.Don't change your initial plans if you don't have a strong reason and only if you are sure you understand the full implications of doing this.
    2.Don't take short cuts.
    3.Ask more than one person if you need help and use your common sense to take decisions.
    4.Take with you as much water as you can carry.
    5.Take breaks as often as you need to, as exhaustion is panicking you and you will take bad decisions.
    6.A 9 years old boy is still a kid even if he wants to look as a real man.
    7.If you feel that is something wrong with the trail, don't be ashamed to go back. Nobody is going to notice it.
    8.Be sure that you understand your map and use it always when you have doubts.

All the best, please share with me your experiences in Pertisau.
    We'll go back there with first occasion to continue our adventures :)

We started as per plan , with paragliders Achensee from the middle of our way up Mmmmm we are breathing... up in Tyrol! The trouble starts but... the peack should be near Yeees, this is why we had to do it, isn't it?!

by adema29 Updated Aug 2, 2013

Our first "feeling" was to follow the path around the lake and go to Achenkirch, for about 9 km, and we didn't regret it.
    Don't expect to have an easy walk, especially if you are not used to this kind of trails, at least a medium difficulty one in my opinion.
    But, take a look at our photos and you'll get a better evaluation by yourself.
    After a long walk, we went back to Pertisau by boat, nice choice for ending a beautiful day and the first amazing trip.

Gaisalm Achenkirch

Haus Nr 82, Pertisau, T, 6213, AT

Good for: Families

Pertisau Off The Beaten Path

by adema29 Written Aug 1, 2013

As I like to take "different" photos, I have filled my camera's memory with textures and colours from Pertisau.
    I am sure that all the people looking at me, so focused on a stone, a piece of wood or a flower, were considering calling for the medic or only finding me polite excuse for the unusual hot weather :)
    I'll try to share here with you, some of my favourites... if you don't like them, I have to mention that it was really hot in Tirol this summer.

It's just a bug, isn't it? Metamorphosing the Tyrolean forest The wooden mess... Grass only, the green one... ...do you remember? ...so easy to make wooden art, isn't it?
    • Cycling

Instant Answers: Pertisau

Comments

Pertisau Travel Guide
Map of Pertisau