Sölden Restaurants

• travelmaven's Profile Photo

The Gasthaus SONNENHEIM: Best Food I have ever had in a Ski Resort

by travelmaven Written Mar 5, 2005

Robert at Gasthaus Pension Sonnenheim

We ate all our dinners at this Gasthaus.
    5 course meals that suprised us with their
    quality and content each night. Our friendly
    servers were Robert (also ski instructor by day) and Elizabeth (shy and sweet). The Chef
    outdid himself every night with outstanding
    presentation and wonderful food.....As I said the best food I have ever had in a ski resort
    at a pension!.

Favorite Dish: The weiner schnitzel was to die for.Huge portion ...scrumptious...beautiful soups and
    excellent deserts.

• Skiing and Boarding

• sanda.muntean's Profile Photo

Törggele Stub’n: Funniest restaurant

by sanda.muntean Written Mar 12, 2009

In this restaurant I tried some traditional food from Tirol, but please don't ask me the name of this, I know just that is recommended a salad next to it. Yammiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!.......
    My boy-friend got his food into a wood garden wheelbarrow. This was the first funny surprise.
    Looking for toilet, a sigh showed me the direction and also told me I need 5 minutes to rich it; don't worry, is not so far, you can keep it! Going there, I meet some wild funny animals. In fact the restaurant was full of these animals, everywhere, including shop window where a fox, a wild rabbit and a wild duck play cards together and have names...
    Jest environment. 10 points from me for general impression.

Favorite Dish: I can't spell it :)))

• Scandic's Profile Photo

any fo those cafeterias: Lunch in the hill

by Scandic Written Jan 30, 2003

It's good to have a light lunch in the hill and then just in the evening eat a real dinner. But remember to do reservation if you are there in tourist season.
    I remeber that I eat delicious pepper beef at twice in Sölden, unfortunately I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but there was a very nice waitress. (helps you a lot)

Favorite Dish: I don't have so much to say about nightlife. That's good I think, 'cause I was just 11 yrs. But i believe that there's good and wild after party, where ever you go, if there's young visitors (snowboard guys) there will be party every night.

• mabu's Profile Photo

Places to have a rest when skiing

by mabu Updated Jul 9, 2003

View of Gigijoch from Gaislachkogl

In the skiing area there are various restaurants, huts and snowbars where you can have a break, a drink and something to eat.
    You can get anything from local food to pizza up there.

Lot's of places have got on the "Party while skiing" idea. I don't realy think this is very good, the alps don't need loud music the whole day, and skiing and drinking lots of alcohol doesn't realy go together. (as it can be seen very good after 4 o'clock on the ski pistes down to the village, you do a slalom round drunk people...) So save the party until you get down to the village and your skis are safely put away!

Favorite Dish: I love the local food you get there. One of my favorites is "Kaiserschmarrn" its a kind of a pancake, very difficult to describe so just try it!

• Hiking and Walking
    • Skiing and Boarding

Heiners Bar/Restaurant: Great hosts

by davesut Written Jan 19, 2014

We stumbled into this bar for the first time after freezing outside during a presentation in the local town square, we found a great bar and later great food as well. Food was different from the standard Austrian fayre, I opted for Roast Pork with green beans and Mrs Sut went for the Pork Medallions. It was a decidely pig of a day up until then! The cost including one beer, one wine, one dessert was €50. This was the best food we have had in two stays at Solden. We returned the following day for a sit down and a drink and the owner recognised us and offered us a shot of schnapps for free, now I did not want to be impolite and downed the thing in double quick time just to be polite you understand. We are looking at this place as a hotel next time we go, looked great when we were there and the price looks good too, role on October 2015.

Hotel Central: Everything took 15 minutes

by davesut Written Jan 19, 2014

Hotel Central is a rather fancy hotel on the Auweg close to where we stayed. We stopped there after heading down from the glacier for a coffee and cake. Everyone was sat outside in their fancy ski gear, tanned face and shades when scruffy urchin that I am flopped down in a seat. Not happy by the expeience - everything took 15 minutes - 15 mins to bring menu, 15 mins to bring order of drinks and cake, 15 mins to eat said cake, 15 mins to wait for the bill, 15 mins to wait for them to take payment, 15 mins to get the credit card machine to work. You could say that paying by cash would have reduced the time, I say life is too short to waste an hour and a half here and choose somewhere else next time. I got the impression that residents were treated better and the chances of me being a resident here depend on my ability to grab a lottery win, chances of which are similar to my ability to remian standing on skis for more than two minutes i.e. very slim.

Grauer Bar: A haven away

by davesut Written Jan 19, 2014

Saturday evening during the Ski World Cup weekend in October and Solden is packed. We booked here two days previous to secure a place. We had walked around town and then ended up at the southern end of town to ask here. We found very pleasant staff and the fact that it is around a kilometre away from the centre it was a bit more sedate. I remember having to wait a while, but then again everywhere was busy, but teh food was excellent. We would certainly go there again and recommend. When we arirved at the restaurant it was busy with people who looked like residents, a few families who used the space to have a few card games or similar, friendly place and worth the walk.

• mabu's Profile Photo

Die Alm: Great Austrian Food

by mabu Updated Jul 9, 2003

"Die Alm" in this Restaurant built in Chalet style you get grat local food. The Interior is very cosy, the food great and the service friendly.

Favorite Dish: "Eine Fuhre Mist" translated a" cart of muck"! I liked the name and the food. The dish has got the name from its look. It is 3 bits of different meat on a bed of pommes frites and all of it served in a cart with a side salad. Looks great, tastes great, but what a name!

• Atiks: Cheap Pizza

by WolvesWanderer Written Aug 22, 2009

Atiks Grill

Best place we found for pizza was Atiks Grill. This, like most of Solden, is adjacent to the main road but this wasn't a problem. Prices stat at 6e for a margerhita pizza.

Instant Answers: Sölden

Comments

Sölden Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sölden restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sölden sightseeing.