Au Travel Guide

Au Warnings and Dangers

• by FilippoBracci Written Jan 14, 2008

We have spent 6 days in Bregenzwald to skiing in this region.

The first time I come in the area of Bregenzwald and Montafon was 1993. Than I have come again this year, but I have notice that nothing is changed in 15 year!

First of all I have to complain that nobody speak a word of English. In particular people who works in hotels and restaurant cannot speak English. I really do not understand how people can manage an hotel or a restaurant without speaking the most common language of the world.

It seems that your area is not interested at all in foreign tourism. This is possible to observe by the cars: 99% of the cars come from Germany. In fact all information, included the rate displayed at the ski lift stations are in German language. No English.

Il looks like people are not interested in French, English, Italian tourism, and when they understand you don't speak German they don't do any effort to help you. They became really unfriendly.

I really think that this area included hotels, restaurants, people at ski lifts and so on, are fully unprepared to receive foreign peoples that are not Germans. They don't know what the word "marketing" means, and I am quite sure that within next 15 year will be quite the same.
    It's a pity because the region is very nice to skiing.

• Skiing and Boarding

Instant Answers: Au

Comments

Au Travel Guide
Map of Au