Bregenz Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Bregenz

• Nemorino's Profile Photo

The audience

by Nemorino Updated Jan 1, 2013

The audience after the performance

Favorite thing: At the end of the 2005 festival season they announced that nearly two hundred thousand tickets had been sold: 199,485 to be exact.

172,862 of these were tickets to the twenty-six open air performances of Verdi's Il trovatore. The rest were for the many concerts and smaller productions at various venues in Bregenz.

They say they sold 95% of the available tickets.

Next: End of the evening

• Music
    • Festivals
    • Theater Travel

• Nemorino's Profile Photo

End of the evening

by Nemorino Updated Jan 1, 2013

The diver climbing up the ladder

Favorite thing: After the singers and supernumeraries have taken their bows and left the stage, the diver who has been on standby the whole evening gathers up her equipment and climbs up the ladder.

Fortunately nobody fell into the water tonight, but she was there just in case.

Back to my Bregenz intro page

OR

Back to the beginning of the opera evening

• Music
    • Festivals
    • Theater Travel

• Onedragon's Profile Photo

RELAX AT SACRED HEARTS CHURCH

by Onedragon Written May 31, 2006

Favorite thing: SOMETIMES WHEN ONE IS VERY BUSY TRAVELING THEY GET A LITTLE TIRED..
    SO WHEN IN BREGENZ..CHECK OUT THE SACRED HEARTS CHURCH NOT ONLY FOR IT'S BEUTY BUT ALSO FOR THE RELAXED AND MUCH NEEDED PEACEFULNESS IT CAN PROVIDE!!!!

Fondest memory: IT'S BEAUTY IN OCTOBER WAS SWEET!!!!

• witness_wannabe's Profile Photo

Bregenz Map

by witness_wannabe Written May 22, 2006

Favorite thing: Bregenz Tourism Office (Bregenz Tourismus & Stadtmarketing) offers an excellent tourist map of the city. It is free. Do not spend your money on maps! The office is located on Bahnhofstrasse street, only some 350 meters away from Bregenz train station (Bahnhof Bregenz).

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Take the Scenic Route

by Krumlovgirl Written Dec 4, 2002

Buying wine in Bregenz at Christmas

Favorite thing: I love the Pfander and the Old Town Square. And the lake front and the resturaunts...and I guess everything else.

Fondest memory: I miss Bregenz at Christmas. We spent Christmas there last year and on Christmas Eve, my mother and I walked to the town square where half the town had gathered. There was a small band, a live nativity, and a vendor selling hot wine and cider. We both bought cups of wine and stood around and talked with everyone. Right as darkness came upon us, a light snow began falling. It was so magical that for a moment I forgot that I wasn't Austrian. I felt right at home.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Great Exercise

by Krumlovgirl Written Feb 25, 2003

Pfander: Bregenz, Austria

Favorite thing: The Pfander! Where else can you see five countries at once?

Fondest memory: The first time I visited the Pfander, I had no idea what to expect. It was my first day in Austria and I had never seen the Alps. It was so crowded in the cable car, and I'm so short, that I couldn't see anything on the ride up. When we got to the top, I was shuffled out with everyone else. I took about five steps and then looked up, and that's when the panorama of the scene unfolded. Snow topped mountains, the pristine lake, the bright blue sky, and low green valleys spread before my eyes. It was the most breathtaking site I had ever seen. I really felt as if I were standing on top of the world.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Eco-Tourism

• gema's Profile Photo

have some overview from its...

by gema Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: have some overview from its mountain; either go up there by cabin or like the natives, use your legs!

Fondest memory: ... bizarre architecture... Old renovated stuff next to modern- cubicle glass- art.

Instant Answers: Bregenz

Comments

Bregenz Favorites

Reviews and photos of Bregenz favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bregenz sightseeing.