Bregenz Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Bregenz

• barbskie's Profile Photo

Ordering drinks

by barbskie Written Feb 25, 2008

I'm not sure if this tip applies in the whole Austria. I will just share my experience here in Bregenz. We were at the Pfaenderspitze restaurant. I ordered Panache and the nice Lady just stared at me seriously showing her face with a big question mark! Errrrrrr, yes i like panache with a smile on my face.....then i told her a mixture of lemonade and beer. Quickly she said, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Radler ok ! Heh, now a big question Mark on my face....murmuring.....that radler for me means a biker in Switzerland :) I got my drink anyway ....a Radler that has quenched my thirst..... and i learned a new vocabulary:)

• Onedragon's Profile Photo

A SIGN FOR PEOPLE TO THINK ABOUT

by Onedragon Updated Feb 23, 2008

HERE IS AN INTERESTING POSTER THAT I HAPPENED TO TAKE A PICTURE OF.
    "WE SHALL OVERCOME SOMEDAY" PROBABLY SOMETHING WE ALL HOPE FOR HUH!!!! REMINDS ME OF WORDS JOAN BAEZ AND BOB DYLAN WOULD HAVE SAID . .AND DID SAY !!!!!B

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Summer vs. Winter

by Krumlovgirl Written Aug 6, 2004

At first I didn't think anything could beat Bregenz in the summer. The warm breezes coming off the lake, the outside ice cream vendors, dining alfresco in the old town, sunning on the rocks like little reptiles...But then I went back in the winter and it had a completely new charm for me. The winter markets, the live nativity scene, the warm wine from the street vendors, the snow on the lake...Now I just have to make it back for fall and spring!

Instant Answers: Bregenz

Comments

Bregenz Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Bregenz local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bregenz sightseeing.