Classical music, Vienna

Sights of Mozart,Beethoven,Strauss

Know about this? Rate It!

• Classical music
    by Sirvictor
    Classical music is a must in Wien!
    by Fra.da.
    All about it!
    by tiabunna
  • margaretvn's Profile Photo

Baden and the Beethoven house.

by margaretvn Updated Jan 22, 2006

Beethoven House

The spa town of Baden is lovely and there are several nice places for a drink of something to eat. We of course had to go there because of it was a place Beethoven visited and where he lived for some time in his search for a cure for his deafness. On our first visit we found a lovely little coffee shop in a side street where Beethoven had actually been to drink. That was a real thrill for us. So on our next visit we planned to go again - only to find the place had been knocked down and modern buildings put up!
    You really must visit the Beethoven house where the composer lived and wrote his fantastic 9th symphony. The plaque in the photo is on the house where Beethoven lived. The little museum is on the upper floor where the great composer lived. As you enter the rooms there is a coat and hat (just like the ones Beethoven is wearing on the statue of him in Heiligenstadt.... makes you think he is still living in the house and has just popped out for a walk!
    Although the museum is small you do get a right feeling about this wonderful composer and his life, he went to Baden in the hope of being cured from his deafness which he dared not tell anyone about. He thought it was impossible, as a composer, to say "I am deaf".

• Architecture
    • Music
    • Museum Visits

• Venturingnow's Profile Photo

Uh, I think that everything...

by Venturingnow Written Aug 25, 2002

Uh, I think that everything that is not a tourist attraction is off the beaten path. So... walk around and enjoy the silly things in Vienna, the different people, buildings, nature, restaurants, etc. I think that's why I really don't write too many specifics on my pages, cause I just enjoy walking around! Here's a shot from in the Hofburg gardens I believe.

• CvB's Profile Photo

We visited a famous graveyard...

by CvB Updated Aug 24, 2002

We visited a famous graveyard on which several famous componist are burried. There's also a part for jewish people. I forgot the name (sorry:-))

Here you can find beautifull impressive graves in barok-style. We saw for example the grave of Strauss.

• Opera Toilet 1

by bacon_girl Updated Jan 27, 2003

If you're going to have to pay for the toilet anyway, you might as well listen to some music. This is underground near the Karlsplatz subway station, close to the opera house. Sorry the picture's blurry, clicking it to make it bigger will help.

• olja1234's Profile Photo

Tired man

by olja1234 Updated Aug 11, 2005

I couldn't resist to take a photo of this man, dressed like in Mozart's times. He looked so thoughtful, or maybe tired. Looked like one with great worries.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Mozart

by Gili_S Written Mar 19, 2005

I can’t remember, it was long time ago, but I think this was the house where Mozart had his first performance in front of audience.

• Architecture
    • Music

• sunnywong's Profile Photo

The Mozart Memorial is inside...

by sunnywong Written Sep 12, 2002

The Mozart Memorial is inside the Ringstrasse but it's not as obvious as many of the other monuments in the area.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

The Mozart Memorial is inside...

by shrimp56 Written Aug 25, 2002