If you walk through the Hofburg gate, you'll find a nice court. Just admire the architecture there! Walk on and you'll come to Volksgarten and the National Library...
Europe's second largest cemetery marks the final resting place for over 2.5 million people, including Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert and Strauss.
It is located on Simmeringer Hauptstraße 230-244
Try the Tram 1 or Tram 2 which travel in "Ring". Just hop off when you find something interesting or enjoy the ride.
This is a handsome building just off the Ringstrasse, a little to the east of the Urania building. I think "Wiener Rettung" is a local relief agency, perhaps akin to the Red Cross.Related to:
- Historical Travel
It is one of the main tourist attraction in Vienna city. The Urania Observatory, which is owned by the city of Vienna, was opened in 1910.
Stock im Eisen
This memorial, at the corner of Kaernter street allegedly marks the spot where the forest which once surrounded the medieval city of Vienna came to an end.
Donauinselfest (Danube Island...
Donauinselfest (Danube Island Festival) - the biggest festival in Austria, held in June every year, with about 2 million (!) visitors. Be there or just be there! (U1: Donauinsel)
Visit the Vienna University...
Visit the Vienna University and its beautiful halls - just get inside the university from the main entrance and ask for them on the information counter.
The Graffiti on the outside...
The Graffiti on the outside walls of the Club FLEX... The only place in Vienna where you can find things like that...
Melk, Austria, about 30-60...
Melk, Austria, about 30-60 minutes west of Vienna is a great little daytrip, even if you only get to see the Stift Melk. It's absoulutely dazzling!
In the center of the large...
In the center of the large market area of Vienna are stairs leading down to the subway or trains if you will. There you will find a very convienant internet terminal which is pretty cheap.
You can take 90 minutes to...
You can take 90 minutes to roam the old city for ca. 125 ATS. And discover peculiar, surprising and unusual facts - from the 'Third Man' to 'Centres of mysterious power'...
As you drive along the Vienna...
As you drive along the Vienna Woods route.... you'd chance upon this huge palatial home known simply as Villa Hermes. So impressive eh?
Naschmarkt - Food, and...
Naschmarkt - Food, and textiles, too. The very best:
Doener Kebab fresh and directly from the grill, about ATS 35,-.
The buffet breakfast is spectacular. The two men at the concierge desk are two of the most handsome...more
the hotel imperial is located downtown within walking distance of many of the sights of vienna. this...more
- Great location, esp. if you love shopping and museums - Plentiful and very tasty breakfast - you...more
Latest Vienna Hotel Reviews
- Austria Trend Parkhotel Schonbrunn
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
- Hotel Imperial
- Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
- Residenz Hotel-Pension
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- Villa Kumpf
- Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Hotel Birg-Cyrus
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Ibis Wien Messe
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
- Pension Riedl
- 1 Review
- Red Carpet Hostel Vienna
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Great room rates
Explore the World
- Outside Hamburg
- Rhodes (Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Dubrovnik Off The Beaten Path
- Valencia Off The Beaten Path
- Grand Junction Off The Beaten Path
- Kathmandu Off The Beaten Path
- Frankfurt am Main Off The Beaten Path
- Albufeira Off The Beaten Path
- Nantes Off The Beaten Path
- San Gimignano Off The Beaten Path
- Out of town - Day trips