Like in almost all Belarusian towns also Kamyanyets has a Lenin Monument. It was erected during the Soviet era, but unlike in most other former USSR countries, the Belarusian government hasn't torn the Lenin monuments down.
Lenin, who was born Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, led the October Revolution in 1917 and is seen as the founder of the Soviet Union.
The Lenin Monument stands right in the middle of the Central Square (Centralnaya Ploshchad).
The Tower of Kamyanyets (Kamyanyetskaya Vyezha) is the main landmark of Kamyanyets and also a national historic site of Belarus. It is also often referred to by the misnomer White Tower. The 30 metres high tower was errected as a castle keep between 1271 and 1288 by Oleksa, who was a prominent architect of the region.
Nowadays the well preserved tower houses a local museum. In summer 2011 the entrance fee was 2500 BYR and taking photos cost an additional 1000 BYR.
The Tower of Kamyanyets stands near the northern end of Kamyanyets' old town. From a small hill it overlooks the Liasnaja river.
The Russian Orthodox Church of St. Simon (Svyata Simonovskaya Cerkov) was finished in 1914. It was several times rebuilt after fires.
The church consists of an apsis, a refectory and an entrance hall. Inside a beautiful wooden three storey iconostasis can be seen. When we visited the church it was closed, but an old lady opened the church for us and explained us the main things in Russian.
The Church of St. Simon can be found on an elevation right in the heart of Kamyanyets' old town.
The white painted two-storey Kamyanyets state grammar school was constructed in the 1920s. It is surrounded by beautiful gardens.
Like the Tower of Kamyanyets and the Church of St. Simon also the Kamyanyets state grammar school was entered in the state list of historic and cultural legacy of the Republic of Belarus.
The Kamyanyets state grammar school stands just west of the Tower of Kamyanyets, which can be found near the northern end of Kamyanyets' old town.
The Monument to Oleksa is dedicated to the founder of the town who was a prominent builder and architect of the Volhynia region.
The monument, which was unveiled in 1985 was designed by the student Aleksandr Lyshchyk as his diploma work.
The Monument to Oleksa is located right in the heart of Kamyanyets' old town, somewhere between the Church of St. Simon and the Tower of Kamyanyets.
The War Memorial commemorates the victims of the Great Patriotic War, especially the Soviet soldiers who died in July 1944 during the liberation of Kamyanyets from the Nazis.
Underneath the metal sculpture the years 1941 to 1945 are casted in the concrete pedestal.
The War Memorial can be found in a small park right in the heart of Kamyanyets' old town. This area at the northern end of Brest street used to be the market place of the town.
The history of the Roman Catholic Church of St. Peter and Paul (Kosciol Svyta Piotr i Pawla) dates back to 1501 when it was built as a wooden church.
In 1924 the wooden church was struck by lighning and burned down. Later in 1939 it was rebuilt as a brick church.
During the Soviet era the church was used as a restaurant with the name "Bialowieza Forest". During the 1990's it was returend to the catholic church.
The Church of St. Peter and Paul can be found at the street Bul. Savetskaya 5, right in the centre of Kamyanyets.