Aleksander Nevsky Church, Minsk
The red brick Aleksander Nevsky Church was completed at the very end of the 19th century, just after the Russo-Turkish war. In 1938 it was the last church in Minsk, which was closed by the Soviets.
Rumours say, that during WWII, a Nazi bomb crashed through the roof and landed in front of the altar, but never detonated.
The Aleksander Nevsky Church stands on the grounds of Minsk's military cemetery. The cemetery can be found about 2,5 km east of the city centre. The area is served by plenty of trams (e.g. #06).
Address: Aleksander Nevsky Church, ul. Kozlova 11, Minsk