Catholic church of the Holy Trinity - Saint Roh, Minsk
The Holy Trinity Church is also known as "St. Roch Church on the Golden Hill", as in fall the leaves from the trees changed the colour of the hill into gold.
The Roman Catholic church was completed in 1864 and extensively reconstructed in 1720. From 1991 until 2006 the church was used as a music hall for the Belarusian State Philharmonic Society, but in summer 2006 the church was returned to the Catholic Church.
When we visited the church a service was taking place, so that we couldn't see much of the interior.
The Holy Trinity Church is located a bit off the Independence Avenue (Nezavisimosti prospekt); somewhere between the Victory Square (Ploschad Pobedy) and the Jakub Kolas Square (Ploschad Yakuba Kolasa).
Address: Holy Trinity Church, Nezavisimosti pr. 44, Minsk
Not far from the Jakuba Kolasa square, walking behind the usual big buildings which face the main street, a little higher on a small hill, lies the catholic church of the Holy Trinity, dedicated to St. Roh. The little hill where the church was bild is called Zolotaja Gorka (Golden Hill) and of course it has many legends. It was build around 1860 during a cholera epidemy by some Polish catholics over a catholic cemetery. St. Roh is the saint patron of surgeons and defender of people and animals from illnesses.
Nowadays it's used both as a christian temple and a house for philarmonic concerts. Curios thing is that services here are in Belarusian only, and not in Polish which is usually the most common language for catholics in this part of Europe.