The Church of St. Joseph was a part of a former Bernadine monastery. It was constructed in Baroque style in the 17th century.
In Soviet times the church was a museum and a commandant's office. At present the Church is still not given back to the Christian believers, but used as an archive for scientific and technical documentation as well as for literature and art of Belarus.
The Church of St. Joseph is situated just behind the the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit. Both are located on the southern side of the Svisloch River.
This church both with monastery was built in 1644 - 1657 in the style of Baroque. It is quite similar church with such churches in Poland or Lithuania.
It is just near the main Orthodox Cathedral and Town Hall.