Villers-la-Ville Restaurants

• filipdebont's Profile Photo

Brasserie de la Fromage: Expensive cheese

by filipdebont Written Sep 28, 2004

In the old Brewery

The former Brewery building was used as a restaurant: the Brasserie des Fromage.

At several places on the concert ground you could buy tickets for a dish in this restaurant.

The ticket: 25 Euro
    What did you get: 1 plate with different cheeses + 2 drinks at your choice (wine, special beer or soft drink)

I did not buy such a platter as I thought this was pretty expensive, as a beer on the concert ground was 3 euro, so then you should pay 19 euro for a plate with cheese ? ? Or it must have been a very big plate of cheese . . .

On the concert ground there were also stand which were renting seats at 3 euro a piece, ant which were selling umbrellas at 6 euro a piece.

• Theater Travel

• filipdebont's Profile Photo

in the Abbey ruins: Leffe Blonde

by filipdebont Written Sep 20, 2004

Leffe Blonde

Well it is not really a restaurant tip, however . . .

Some say that drinking a local Belgian Beer is eating and drinking at the same time.

Also one good local Belgian beer is the same as two sandwiches.

And were the Brewer is, there is no need for a Baker.

Those are some local sayings.

But at this walking concert - Voices under the Stars; the Brewery Leffe was one of the Sponsors.

For me it could not be better, (some already know), as ne Blonde Leffe or une Leffe Blonde (en francais) is really my favourite beer.

Of course it really tasted good, but of course in my mind that I still had to drive about 150 km back home by car.

Favorite Dish: Nen Blonde Leffe van 't vat, Madame

• Theater Travel
    • Beer Tasting

• coceng's Profile Photo

The Restaurant...

by coceng Written May 13, 2004
    Villers-la-Ville

There was a restaurant near the ruins & we went there for something to drink...
    For me I was like behaving like a kid & I went to the toilet & eased myself...
    Then, I opened a window & took this amazing photo !
    Gosh ! I really felt that I was trapped in time !

Instant Answers: Villers-la-Ville

Comments

Villers-la-Ville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Villers-la-Ville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Villers-la-Ville sightseeing.

View all Villers-la-Ville hotels