Ardennes Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Ardennes

Le Ramparts: The trout & the Boar

by Scarlie Written Sep 14, 2005

Altho there are a lot more chic places to eat, I like this little family-owned restaurant on Quai des Ramparts. The lady there reminds me of my first boss (in another country and with another nationality) and i like her no-nonsense attitude.

They serve a wonderfully simple and delicious trout (4 varieties - with butter, with almonds, w/ cream and with riesling, which also is creamy) and a fair selecti0n of local cuisine (which has lots of French borrowings). The salads are big enough to be taken istead of a main course.

Warning: the fist is served whole with bones, head and tail. Also the menu is only in French and the proprietors don't speak English (I think she uderstands tho).

Favorite Dish: It's got to be the trout -- meunier for my husband and aux amands for me.

From the meat, the wild boar (marcassin) simply melts in your mouth.

Recrealle Restaurant: Recrealle

by Scarlie Written Apr 4, 2005

This is a recreation center and altho we wouldn't go out of our way to visit it, once we are in Alle, we'll have dinner there. The restaurant is by the river, but doesn't really have a view on the river, unless you sit on the terrace (it may rain, wind may blow, etc.)

However, the food is good if you chose simple and local fare.

Favorite Dish: Trout - again! - but they also do other things, and there is a pizza place in the recreation centre, too.

La Chair à Prêcher: The Preacher's Chair

by Scarlie Written Apr 4, 2005

This is the best place in Poupehan in terms of surroundings, view and cuisine. It's not exactly budget, but it's not breaking the bank either - it's about what you'll get charged in the region. I like sitting in the garden by the river, altho you have a great view from the restaurant as well.

Favorite Dish: The freshwater trout is a specialty of the region and it comes normally in about three or four varieties - plain (Munier), with almonds (lots of butter, tho!), with cream.

I love their Kriek tho - they do nice Lindemans, which is the best-tasting brand of them all.

Instant Answers: Ardennes

Comments

Ardennes Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ardennes restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ardennes sightseeing.