Charleroi Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Charleroi

• DO NOT USE CHARLEROITRANSFER

by fiala81 Updated Oct 12, 2010

DO NOT USE CHARLEROITRANSFER: sometimes they do not pick you up and they do not return the money (although it is their fault!!).

I had the same problem as others:

they called me 10 minutes before the pick up and told me that the car had broken down. AS I was in a hurry, I had to pay 115€ to go to Charleroi by taxi and they gave me no refund of the transfer I had already paid.

They have the worst service ever!! be careful!

• Car renting for group travel

by TravelBEL Written Jun 11, 2010

L'Elan is a car company actives from years in the country. Formerly specialized in school travel, they work now a lot with Charleroi Airport.
    I think you can contact them to get a travel quotation.

This company http://www.casteltourisme.be/ could also give you a good service.

Best regards,

• Brussels to Charleroi

by vinay21verma Written Feb 11, 2010

I tried to use the door to door service of Charleroi, although I had heard reviews that sometimes they just dont come while you are returning. In spite of that, for comfortability I took the risk which was a terrible experience. For onward journey, the taxi did not come on time, and when it came, the driver kept on roaming to some place in opposite directions because he did not have the complete address of the second pick up person. We reached airport just 10 minutes before check-in. And the worst case was that the taxi indeed did not come at all while we were returning. Although I had confirmed from the concerned person (Daniel) so that we do not need to wait or airport. He confirmed at that moment, but when we reached airport, there was no taxi. I tried calling him and he just switched off the phone. The height of carelessness is that the number they mention as emergency number does not work all the time and they switch it off whenever they expect some call from customer. Seeing no other option, I had to hire other taxi service at that night as there was no other way and had to pay extra 100 euros to that taxi to return home as being night we had no other means to reach home. So, the money I paid to charleroi transfer for door to door pick up had actually gone waste. I tried calling him later for an explanation, wroter several mails, but the most strange part was that only once he (Daniel) replied that such things do happen during journeys and we need to be prepared about that. Never expected such an irresponsible service.
    Would not recommend charleroi door to door service at all, as they get paid in advance and then you get to notice the irresponsible way they treat you. There is no way you could make sure that they send taxi while you are returning. If there is no other passenger, they simply dont send the taxi and keep mobile off.

• The Charleroi Airport's Minibus Service, Brussels

by eonsum Updated Jan 17, 2010

Watch out - do not order a return journey from Brussels to Charleroi Airport with charleroitransfer.com, if you can not get an agreed pick-up time from your hotel in advance! Otherwise you risk having to wait many "unnecessary hours" at the Charleroi Airport before your flight.
    We were a group of 5 people who had pre-booked a minibus transfer to travel round trip from Charleroi Airport to our hotel in Brussels. From the Airport to Brussels, we had "just to wait" around 30 minutes before our driver arrived.
    The problem with charleroitransfer, is that one can not in advance make an approximately appointment for the time to be picked up at your hotel for the return journey. We were informed that we after 5 p.m. the day before our return, would get an SMS about the time to be picked up. It turned out, unfortunately, that we would be picked up 5 hours before our flight's departure! We phoned the company immediately to tell that we wanted to be picked up approximately 2 hours later, also because we only brougt with us hand luggage. It was unfortunately not possible to obtain a modified pick-up time.
    We will never book a return flight to Charleroi Airport with charleroitransfer, if we can not get an agreed pick-up time in advance!
    Norwegians Travellers

• Charleroi Airport Transfer

by businessboy Written May 27, 2009

I think it is www.charleroitransfer.com that offers the best deal for travellers at Brussels South Charleroi Airport.
    Their price is only 20 euro for one way and it is a DOOR TO DOOR trip!! Comparing the shuttlebus that is 13 euro and takes you only to Midi.

charleroitransfer rates are far more friendly and they use clean minibuses. You have to pay only 7 euro extra, and they take you home. I used to use the big shuttlebus and it was a disaster when my flight arrived late and the last shuttlebus has already left and I had to take a taxi for 120 euro!!! charleroitransfer always waits for late arrivals.

I can offer it to anyone visiting Brussels.

• charleroi minibus

by joannahsmith65 Written Aug 18, 2008

Hi All,

due to some negative feelings about online booking I tried charleroitransfer.com

My reason was that I couldn't find a cheaper and better service. I paid 25 euro for one-way. The minibus and the driver was okay, the trip was quick. All in all I liked the service. I talked to some people on the plane, they used the ryanair coach for 13 euro. They say it's a terrible service and not cheap at all, comparing to my door to door transfer. considering that they have group fares for 10 euro per person I'd never use the ryanair coach with my kids and husband.

This was my first visit to Belgium but I'll definitely use charleroitransfer.com again. Worth to try!

Have a good day!

Joan

• don't use charleroitransfer

by naumanni Written Apr 15, 2008

I want to warn you about using charleroitransfer

I booked online their service, from my private address in Brussels to the Charleroi airport, paying by credit card.

Unfortunately nobody came to pick me, and I even didn't receive any SMS or call from charleroitransfer.com !!!

I tried to contact both their call center and their Belgian phone number, but nobody answered. I checked all my contact details on my reservation, and I saw that everything was correct (address, time, flight number, mobile phone number). As a result of their inefficiency, I had to call urgently a taxi to go to the airport (this costed me 165 euros).

So don't use charleroitransfer.com , because they are not reliable at all, and even in case of disservice you will never get refunded.

If you look carefully at their website they don't show any legal address of their company, or the name of a contact person: they must be a "ghost company"!

• Work Abroad

• Charleroi Transfer stranded me at 3 am

by sanbenedetto Written Feb 27, 2008

I booked the Charleroi Transfer and was very pleased that I could be guaranteed transport for 6:30 am flight. The trip between the airport and Bruxelles was impeccable. I was very pleased. Yet, for return, when I was already prepared with my coat and bag, I receive a phone call (only in French, which I speak badly) saying they would not be coming for me. They told the hotel (since I had to ask the personnel to respond to the call, I could not understand them) that they had car trouble on a highway that I was then told was nowhere near Bruxelles, so the porter did not really think their alibi was sincere. At any rate, what mattered to me was: they did not offer ANY substitution, not even a car by someone in Bruxelles. I was left, stranded at that ungodly hour, unable to rent a car on my own, there is no public transport at that hour, and in the end, I had to spend 150 Euro on a taxi! I received not so much as a letter of apology or anything.

I would most wholeheartedly recommend passengers AVOID this company, so that you don't risk finding yourself in such a dreadful and costly situation as I found myself in. As a matter of fact, I scheduled my flight only after confirmation that the CT could bring me to the airport. I received email confirmation, so it was not in doubt that this would be an ordinary travel experience, and not a disaster. I would have made completely different travel plans knowing what I now know.

• charleroitransfer.com - door-to-door minibus

by dan77 Written Jan 26, 2008

The best way to reach Charleroi Airport from Brussels or to get to the city from the airport is a minibus company, called charleroitransfer.com

They offer a fantastic service, I always travel with them. It is really like a taxi, but costs only 18 euro. Which is nothing comparing to a regular taxi price of 100-120 euro...

If you plan to use Charleroi airport you should buy a ticket at their website www.charleroitransfer.com

• Alain_Smeets's Profile Photo

Brussels South Airport

by Alain_Smeets Updated Sep 12, 2003

It's the other Brussels Airport. They call themselves Ideally located at 46 km from Brussels Grand’Place. There are more then 20 daily shuttles towards Brussel.

Directions by car

Located at 46 km from Brussels Center, Brussels South Charleroi Airport is of easy access by the motorway. (A54 – exit 24)

Coming from Liège - Namur: E42 - exit 15.
    Coming from Brussels - Nivelles: A54 - exit 24.
    Coming from Mons: E42 than A54 to Charleroi - exit 24.

Directions by public transportation

A public bus (Line A) links all day long the Brussels South Charleroi Airport to the Charleroi Trainstation. Then you can take the train to easily reach any station in Belgium or another foreign country.

Acces map from Brussels South from their website

• Alain_Smeets's Profile Photo

Fly with Ryanair

by Alain_Smeets Written Sep 12, 2003

Ryanair is a low budget air carrier that operates from several airports in Europe. They started in 1985 and transporting over 15 million passengers in 2002.

You can easily book your ticket online via their website. The website is self-explaining.

We flew from Charleroi towards Shannon and back from Dublin to Charleroi and paid about 85 euros return flights including airport taxes.

You can take maximum 15 kilo of luggage and 7 kilo of hand baggage with you. If you carry more it can cost you a lot of money.

The first 64 passengers at the check-in gates, get an priority boarding card. This gives you priority in boarding the airplane and it gives you a much better chance in sitting together. Ryanair doesn’t have seat allocations.

plane from Ryanair (photo Dirk)

• GrumpyL5's Profile Photo

Airport links

by GrumpyL5 Updated Dec 7, 2002

Traveling to and from the Airport to Brussels.
    The 68 Bus and the Train are probably the best option.The coach is a rip off.
    Charleroi Airport is 37 miles away from Brussels. It is a small airport but not overcrowded. Usual facilities including a large cafe.
    There are two ways of travelling to Brussels via public transport.
    Firstly, there is a local bus, number 68, from the airport to Charleroi South Station Interchange. It runs hourly, and is timed to meet flights and trains. Inter City Trains run from Charlerio South to Brussels stations including Central Station.
    Return times.
    Trains leave Brussels Central at Mon to Fri, 36 mins past the hour and Sat and Sun 41 mins past the hour. The Inter City Train takes approx 50 minutes.
    The second class single fare is only 6.80Euro
    Get off at Charleroi Sud, walk along the subway and turn left up to the tram and bus interchange. Look left to avoid being run over by a tram.
    The 68 bus will arrive at stand ( Quai ) number 3 in about ten mins.
    Journey time to the airport is about ten mins and the fare is just 1.65Euro
    Fares from the airport may be a bit more as it takes a slightly longer route, but a return train ticket may be cheeper than two singles.

Secondly, there is the Coach to Brussels Midi Station. It is claimed by tourist info that the fare is 6.20E, it is not. You will be charged 10.00E.
    Don't use this rip off service !
    The service is arranged with ryanair but there is a note on their web site about the problem.
    Also, being dumped at Brussels South station at night is not recommended.
    Hope this is useful. More to follow or just ask.

• funkymama's Profile Photo

BY CAR,E19 from Brussels,...

by funkymama Written Aug 25, 2002

BY CAR,E19 from Brussels, Antwerp and Amsterdam, in the North ;
    E 42 from Lille, Paris and the Euro Tunnel, in the West ;
    E 42 from Namur, Liège and Cologne, in the East.
    BY TRAIN,Arrival at Charleroi Station, right at the heart of the city centre. Train links from all big European cities to Charleroi.

• rickyvilla81's Profile Photo

From Brussels, there are...

by rickyvilla81 Written Aug 24, 2002

From Brussels, there are generally trains twice or three times an hour, once an hour evenings and weekends, and it takes about fifty minutes.
    Walk. Nice steep hills, but the metro system is pretty unreliable and infrequent. Buses are okay though. The bus station is actually on a postcard!

Instant Answers: Charleroi

• May 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I travelled with L'elan from Charleroi airport to Valenciennes. We came late in the evening, we booked a bus at 10.40 pm. The driver that came didn't speak english, he asked only if we were going to Valenciennes, we confirmed. We were almost sleeping in the car, after more than 1 hour he stopped in front of the railway station, then turned back and left us just in front of some hotel. It was already after midnight, nobody in the street. When he went away we understood that he left us in the wrong city!!! We entered the hotel and asked for help, we were 40 km away from Valenciennes! The receptionist called the L'elan, and they answered that the driver will come back soon. And we were waiting like 30 min more, then he came and took us finally to Valenciennes. I have no idea what he thought but I was furious, and couldn't even talk to him; Be careful with L'elan buses!!!!

Charleroi Transportation

Reviews and photos of Charleroi transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Charleroi sightseeing.