Bouillon Restaurants

• Barbecue area ,right in front of my room.
    Barbecue area ,right in front of my...
  • Restaurants
  • Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Bouillon

Porte de France: A wonderful Easter dinner

Menu Porte de France, Bouillon

We arrived on Easter Sunday in the afternoon and had made no reservations for dinner. When we checked in, we were asked if we wanted dinner at the hotel. Feeling adventurous, we said yes. There was a special Easter menu which turned out to be rather grand. Well, except for dessert. Let's just say that wasn't one of chef's strengths.

We thought the 42 euro per person was very well spent.

Favorite Dish: Food and plates were made with such care! I completely forgot to make photos but I assure you: the chef is excellent.

First course: quail with its juices emulsified with duck liver
    Second course: Turbot (a majestic fish) with Ardenne sausage and spinach with a reduction of red wine and shallots
    Main course: Lamb with a garden herb crust, crunchy vegetables, goats cheese and tarragon with chorizo chips.
    Dessert: chocolate 3 ways

• Luxury Travel

Restaurant Le Quai - Chez Betty: Small, family run restaurant

Restaurant Le Quai, entree

These people enjoy running their restaurant. Maman behind the stove and papa front-of-house. All warmth and smiles.

Favorite Dish: One of us enjoyed a 3-course meal at 25 euro. I had a terrine (9 euro, see photo) and a big portion of boiled mussels with garlic (Belgian speciality) for 19 euro.
    Two small ice creams, coffee, 1/2 litre red wine, 2 softdrinks, an aperitif all amounted to 72 euro in total.

I am a great lover of mussels. They are so pure and cannot be tampered with.
    Posh or not posh, expensive or cheap, you can always count on the food being good in Belgium.

restaurants in Bouillon: A list of restaurants and Trout Festival

by ATLC Written Sep 24, 2010

There are a great many restaurants in Bouillon. A selection of those in Bouillon and nearby are on the website (link below).

Favorite Dish: April had 2 weeks of Trout Festival. Each restaurant offered its trout specialities at a special price.
    As you can see in the photo:

-Trout with almonds
    -Trout the Ardennes way (with bacon and mushrooms)
    -Trout with Chablis wine and herbs
    -Trout the Normandy way with potatoes and cidre
    -Trout with garden vegetables
    -Trout with shrimp
    all between 13.30 and 19 euro.

Le Mont Blanc Hotel-Restaurant-Glacier: A beer and a hot chocolate

Le Mont Blanc, hotel/restaurant in Bouillon

After a long day of sightseeing at the castle and tramping up and down the little town, it was time for a beer (and a hot chocolate for me).
    We just sat down on the pavement and only when writing this tip I noticed it is also a hotel/restaurant. They also make and sell icecream (hence the 'glacier').

Favorite Dish: The Rochefort is a strong beer that comes in varieties of 8-10-12% alcohol. My 'Viennois Maison' (chocolate/coffee with unsweetened whipped cream) was just as it should be: hot and satisfying.

• La Pergola: La Pergola - worst restaurant in town

by Wimblew Written Nov 12, 2008

I have been to a lot of restaurants but never had this kind of sh*t on my plate:

- Sand in salad (they said it was pepper .. dohh)
    - Hair in my mussels
    - Shrimp croquette and French fries made in the microwave
    - And on top of that glass!!! between my French fries

We didn't eat anything .. we only paid the drinks .. He was even threatening us when we told him we were not intended to pay the food, his words "you will never leave Bouillon alive if you don't pay, you 'puta di madre'." When we told him we would call the police his waiters left the building.

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Hotel Relais Godefroy.: Breakfast buffet.

by rosequartzlover1 Written Jun 13, 2014

There are some hotels in Bouillon that charged the room price with the breakfast included ,and some hotels we have to pay extra for breakfast like Hotel relais godefroy.I pay 5 euro extra for breakfast in this hotel and it's not disappointed.There are variety of bread..baguette,toast and croissant with some jam,butter,cheese spread,peanut butter and some ham,salami,sliced cheese,yogurt milk,and nice fresh orange juice and good coffee.The croissant was very delicious.I was satisfied with the breakfast here.I wasn't sure if anybody who is not hotel guest can have breakfast here with this price.

• La Pergola - Bouillon: My worst experience ever in a restaurant

by lucusasselin Written May 20, 2010

Except the view on the kastel, which was nice, everything else was awfull. We have been waiting very long before being able to order, and then before we received the first plate. We ordered some mussels and french fries, they were not well prepared, not cleaned before cooking, and not sorted (some were smelling very bad). The plates were absolutly disgusting. The toilets had no water were there was light, and no light were there was water. And at the end, when time is to pay and you express your insatisfaction, the boss comes to tell you insanities. My children have been horrified and discovered a bad side of belgium cuisine.

Favorite Dish: None

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Hotel Relais Godefroy.: Buffet barbecue.

by rosequartzlover1 Written Jun 13, 2014

In front of Hotel Relais Godefroy..right by the river..is the buffet barbecue area.If you like barbecue with a good and quiet atmosphere by the river..this is the place..The price is 12 euro/adult and 10 euro for children.They have varieties of meat ..sausages ,bacon,ribs and more...I stayed there only 1 night and I prefer to have something else rather than barbecue so I didn't try them.You can park the car right next to the place ..and it's free parking.

Instant Answers: Bouillon

Comments

Bouillon Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bouillon restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bouillon sightseeing.