Graffitti walls and wall paintings, Antwerp

on different locations

Know about this? Rate It!

by DSwede
    Alex and Dan
    by TruthIsAnEmptyCup
    Chris's Homage to 2Pac
    by TruthIsAnEmptyCup
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Written Aug 9, 2011

Graffiti Park

Every city has graffiti, but not every city has graffiti that is both more artistic and concentrated in easy to view galleries.

One particular park, with picnic tables, benches and green grass is near the intersection of Muntstraat and Oever. This is just one example, but I came across many others. Get your walking shoes and go explore for more.

• Hiking and Walking

• TruthIsAnEmptyCup's Profile Photo

by TruthIsAnEmptyCup Written Feb 29, 2008

Graffiti Park

Click On Picture to See More Pics!

With our new English buddies we spent the next day walking off all the delicious Belgian Beer we drank. After running into the coolest stuff we stumbled upon Graffiti Park. It was quiet when we were there but they say that artists often come here and put up new work. Google it and you will find more information. I didn't know it was a designated area for Graffiti Artists until I got home and did some research. As you may or may not know, Graffiti is a huge problem in Europe, so this seems like a logical way to attempt containing it, plus it gives the chance for the artist to show it off and take time doing it without the threat of being arrested. I'm not sure where the exact location is but it seemed to have been separating the old part of the city with the new part.

• Norali's Profile Photo

Graffitti walls

by Norali Updated Dec 23, 2003

Never expect, ENJOY!

Well, few to say about it, rather discover in my travelogues to find more pictures of this crazy place.

One advice though: never expect that much while travelling, just discover.. There should be some real running off, at the end...

Read my comments in my Tlogs to see why I am telling you this. And spot the effect such event had on my vision, way of seeing things...

• Trains