Know about this? Rate It!
Edegem/Mortsel at the Edegemstraat
March 2004 - On a lazy sunny afternoon in wintertime - in Mortsel. Everything peaceful
A war memorial of the first worldwar.
April the 5th - 1943
The second world war was even harder for the inhabitants of Mortsel - a bombing raid by the americans looking for german airplane targets.But it went wrong.
For more info on this tragedy - look at Irisbe pages about Mortsel.
Today the Americans recognized officialy that the clean bombing raid was not that clean.
But which war is clean ??
- Historical Travel
At the occasion of a small reunion with some Brasil travelers i visited the border of Edegem/Mortsel - 10 km from Antwerp and the hometown of a popular VT-lady.
My one day visit - i'm sure i missed a lot of a
attractions in this area - like :
- Maria cave
- Fort IV and V
- Castles like Hof ter Linden
- Many museums like the Tram and Bus
But i will be back !
- Arts and Culture
The border of two small villages in the surroundings of Antwerp
I saw this monument of two ladies - made by Willy Peeters (haughtiness) and a gift to Edegem !
I was enchanted by the two ladies !
Location : center of Edegem
- Arts and Culture
Mortsel, South/East from...
Mortsel, South/East from Antwerp at 12 km approx.
It is a small city with 23000 people.
I have a travelogue about Mortsel, some of it's activities and I will make an extra one of Mortsel as the place I live, my street, my garden, my habitat '-)
Off the beaten path or cultural? LOL I think camping in my garden is rather adventureous! hahaha
but not impossible!
Visit some travelogues!
Mortsel general view
travelogues of a peculiar funeral
Travelogues about the last day of 2001 and a short intro about the Fort IV
my home sweet home travelogues
What is worth fighting for!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Beds for all Budgets!
- Hostelworld.com Sleep Easy on your travels Read 1 million+ ratings & reviews
Antwerp Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Isla de Toralla Hotels
- Botswana Hotels
- Hagatna Hotels
- Monu Island Hotels
- Denver Off The Beaten Path
- Barcelona Off The Beaten Path
- Monterey Off The Beaten Path
- Vienna Off The Beaten Path
- Liguria Off The Beaten Path
- Alaska Off The Beaten Path
- Sevilla Off The Beaten Path
- Tehachapi Off The Beaten Path
- Bermuda Off The Beaten Path
- Day Trip: Montserrat
- Sarasota Off The Beaten Path
- Sorrento Off The Beaten Path