Elfde Gebod - Eleventh Commandment, Antwerp

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Het Elfde Gebod: Local and religeous

by pieter_jan_v Written Dec 18, 2012
    Het Elfde Gebod - Antwerp

Restaurant Het Elfde Gebod is a local restaurant near the market square. Even if you are not hungry, go inside to admire the holy decorations and have a drink in this popular place.

Business hours: Daily from Noon.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Jeanlyon's Profile Photo

elfde gebod: Great ambience and food

by Jeanlyon Written Nov 12, 2011

Het Elfde Gebot

An amazing place, right next to the Cathedral, always people in there. very good food. The place is full of religious artefacts, statues. Looks unreal, but loads of fun.

Favorite Dish: Scampi van chef. This was just delicious along with some Belgian Fritjes (fries)

Vegetarian lasagne - another wonderful dish.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Elfde Gebod - Eleventh Commandment: Elfde Gebod - Eleventh Commandment

by mvtouring Written Jul 6, 2009

My friend that I stayed with recommeded this famous bar in Antwerp to us. It is filled with religious articles which line all the walls, pillars and rafters. It serves excellent food and beer at a reasonable price.

Any and all beers are good, as should be expected in Belgium.

• dlandt's Profile Photo

Het Elfte Gebod: Het Elfte Gebod

by dlandt Updated Sep 3, 2008

This is the famous bar in Antwerp filled with religious articles which line all the walls, pillars and rafters. It serves good food and beer at a reasonable price. You go here for the decor, so the fact that the food and drink is like 5% more expensive isn't a big deal. The only bad thing I have to say, is that when I struggled to order in Dutch, the waiter let me struggle, only to go to the table next to mine and speak flawless though Dutch-accented English.

Favorite Dish: I liked the camambert plank. Miyuki had a decent currywurst. Any and all beers are exceptional, as should be expected in Belgium.

• Elfde Gebod - Eleventh Commandment: Great decor and location, very good food

by Sfkoenig Written May 21, 2007

We quite enjoyed the food, and found it above average in quality. Pretty good selection of beers. We had no trouble whatsoever communicating in English. Our waitress was born in Belgium of parents from Zaire and apologized for her English but did very well (she was more fluent in other languages). I do not remember the toilets being dirty. Not cheap, but we left feeling we had gotten a good meal for our money.

Favorite Dish: Spareribs (crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside) and grilled salmon (fresh).

• coceng's Profile Photo

The 11th Commandment...: A Truly Nice Restaurant...

by coceng Updated Jul 26, 2003

Beautiful...

I love this restaurant because of the interior, decorated with Christian statues..& the helpful waiter brought us great foods!!

The restaurant is also known as "Het Elfde gebod" in
    Dutch language...

• Lalique's Profile Photo

Het Elfde Gebod

by Lalique Updated Aug 25, 2002

Het Elfde Gebod
    It's a nice bar/restaurnat just around the corner from Grote Markt. Its piculiarity is astonishing collection of statues being collected by the owner and which are placed all over the premises.

• hayward68's Profile Photo

't Elfde Gebod: 't Elfde Gebod

by hayward68 Written Aug 25, 2002

This is a great little restaurant right beside the Cathedral. It's filled with statues and religious artifacts, I guess in keeping with the theme of its neighbour the Cathedral. It's even got a pulpit and stained glass windows. The service in here was great and I loved the atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Mussels and fries!
    I guess I should say moules et frites as it read on the menu. Delicious!

• Maidstoneman's Profile Photo

Elfde Gebod - Eleventh Commandment: Nice ambience - food not so good

by Maidstoneman Written Oct 30, 2005

Inside the reastaurant

Like everyone else loved the decor! However found the food to be quite ordinary and the toilets were disgusting. If I`d used them when I got there I`d have just stayed for a drink!

• conny_bazen's Profile Photo

't Elfde Gebod: 't Elfde Gebod

by conny_bazen Updated Jun 6, 2004
    't Elfde Gebod

It's very special inside....but that's really the only reason for a visit...... I believe I've said enough :-)

Instant Answers: Antwerp