Lollapalooza, Antwerp

by Helga67
  • KenBel's Profile Photo

Lollapalooza: Trendy Thai

by KenBel Updated Apr 4, 2011

I love the paintings on the wall and the "show-terrace" out front!!

The menu is a combination of local and Thai dishes.

Favorite Dish: Friends have told me the other dishes are very tasty as well ... I wouldn't know, I ALWAYS go with the Thai food !!!!!!!!! Delish!!

• m-gem's Profile Photo

Lollapalooza: Excellent international food in cafe surroundings

by m-gem Written May 18, 2005

Lollapalooza is on the Pelgrimstraat which is a quiet side street lined with lovely little restaurants that are not as hit by tourists even though it is only blocks from the Grote Markt. We ate at an outdoor table, but could see the dream-like paintings covering the interior walls. There was also a little "garden" bit across the street from the main restuarant, decorated with flowers and ivy plants and plastic butterflies hanging from wires. To be honest, I can't remember much of the menu except that it had a pasta section, due to the fact that I knew I wanted one of their stirfry dishes before I'd even sat down (I'd seen waitresses go by to the garden area with wonderfully fragrant food). I had the sweet and sour pork, which was tender, and served with carrots, Chinese cabbage and peppers. A side bowl of rice that alone made your mouth water was served with it. I left stuffed, and ever so happy.

Favorite Dish: See my description above of the stirfried pork.

Instant Answers: Antwerp

Comments

Hotels Near Lollapalooza
2.5 out of 5 stars