Neuze Neuze, Antwerp

by irisbe
  • enofile's Profile Photo

NEUZE NEUZE: TRY NOT TO DINE ALONE

by enofile Updated Jan 6, 2005

Perhaps my negitive experience at this restaurant was effected by their sitting me in a downstairs, small dark room practically by myself. I did feel this was motivated by the fact that I was dining alone. The ambience upstairs was completely different, and the room had a buzz and excitement enhancing the dining experience. The food was somewhat creative and an attempt was made to provide a culinary adventure, but I came away feeling unexcited and underwelmed. I certainly felt this establishment was over priced. Yet, again, perhaps I was defeated the minute I was unceremoniously placed in their separate, "private", room. Restaurants do not like single diners.

Favorite Dish: The desserts were the best part of the meal.

• irisbe's Profile Photo

Neuze Neuze: Once upon a time! The French cuisine rising

by irisbe Updated Nov 12, 2004

Neuze Neuze restaurant, Antwerp

After a short time you were invited to go upstairs where your table is waiting for you.
    The interior was so beautiful and rustique.
    We choose to try one of the suggestions: a whole series of different dishes, coming in mini sizes, so that you can taste of everything they had in the house without having to eat much.
    I can not remember exactly all I tasted but it was delicious and the fruit dish at the end contained many exotic fruits that I didn’t knew that time but are getting more common these days.

My colleague, who was inviting, chose the wine and as he knows what is good, you can imagine it was indeed excellent.
    Afterwards the men chose a cigar and it was lit along the real tradition. The waiter prepared the cigar next to your table.

I would not appreciate it any more today that any one nearby would smoke a cigar. It stinks and sorry for the cigar lovers to step on their heart by saying this.

Favorite Dish: If you really don’t know what to order, try that trial out suggestion but I am pretty sure everything is ok and of high quality.

You need to have good money in your pocket to afford this restaurant.
    The total price was 10 000 old Belgian francs, that is 250 Euro for the 5 of us, but do consider this was 1980!

Instant Answers: Antwerp

Comments

Hotels Near Neuze Neuze
4.5 out of 5 stars