't Brantyser, Antwerp

Hendrik Conscienceplein 7, B-2000 Antwerpen +32/(0)3-233.18.33

• Our little group after the wedding of our daughter
    Our little group after the wedding of...
    My salmon soooo good !
    by irisbe
  • desserts! vanilla ice or Irish coffee? both good!
    desserts! vanilla ice or Irish coffee?...
  • irisbe's Profile Photo

'T BRANTYSER: Nice for a lunch, terrific for dinner

by irisbe Updated Nov 19, 2006

Brantyser restaurant

At the mini meeting with Chiara (Pollon) and Helga (Helga67) we decided to have a snack at 't Brantyser.
    I decided to take a white wine to go with it. I thought it was funny that the size of the glass was so big it does look funny no?
    Other people might think we were really acting weird, photographing our meals!
    But here we are! VT reporters in action!

The interior is very nice and if you sit at the end of the room you can sit near an open fire.
    There is also a mezzanin up stairs, giving you a nice view over the first floor of the restaurant.
    For groups you can even rent a seperate room.

Favorite Dish: I had a Greek salad, with olives (MMMM) lots of feta cheese (MMMMMMM) and salad of course!
    These are cheaper choices.
    You can chose a la carte and then you pay approx 13 a 15 euro's for the main course.
    You can have a complete menu from 27 Euro's on.
    Recently I visited and tried porc filet with roquefort sauce and I must say it was delicious! So were the other dishes my companions took.

A place I can recommend.

• irisbe's Profile Photo

't Brantyser: When in group, hire the nice seperate room!

by irisbe Updated Nov 19, 2006

my brother at the seperate room at 't Brantyzer

When my brother needed to find a good restaurant where he could sit seperate with members of his company, we landed in 't Brantyser.
    We asked about the menu, that came at a very reasonable price.
    My brother explained he would be coming with 25 a 30 people so the owner suggested to have a look at the room at the first floor.

It just looked terrific!
    Here you can take a reservation for this room if you are with enough people.
    He also suggested the special beverage arrangement:
    you order 1 bottle of wine and get two against the price of one, same goes for water.
    Why this arrangement? As the room is at the first floor it will save the waiters quite some time and energy running up the stairs every time some one wants to order a new drink.

My brother went there and was very satisfied.

Recently I was here on occasion of my daughter's wedding.
    We were sitting in the seperate room but as we were only with 14 had to share it with others.
    The restaurant is really busy and you might have to wait a little longer on your meal, but no worries. Enjoy a bit longer the aperitive and your company.
    I always think that if you have to wait a bit longer, they spend more time and effort on the dish :)
    We had on the occasion tomato soup and yes it was fresh made soup, not out of can!
    People had the choice between Salmon and Chateaubriand and both were excellent!
    I had the Salmon and had to do effort to eat it all!
    What I also liked is that you have the choice between cooked or baked patatoes, or rice or fries...
    Some people had Irish coffee as dessert and I am often reluctant to get one so I stayed at regular cappucino (mmmjammie too!).
    Afterwards I heared nothing but good comments on the Irish coffee! darn... next time ;) !

On another occasion I had lamb carré. Also very good! There is a good working in the kitchen!

Favorite Dish: If you go with a rather big group, you might try to choose or compile one particular menu together with the owner. It will make it more easy to get you your dinner in lesser time. Eating a la carte with 25 or more at the same time would not be convenient.

He has quite some choice at his menu card to pick a nice dinner from!

What can I say? Everything I tasted was excellent and if I believe my friends and family, so was everything I haven't tasted yet!

A place I would recommend!

• Helga67's Profile Photo

'T BRANTYSER

by Helga67 Updated Jan 7, 2004

'T BRANTYSER

This pub/restaurant is a 16th century old building situated on the 'Conscienceplein', a little car-free square. They serve f.e. snacks, salads, wok meals. For veggies, there is also a small but delicious choice.

Favorite Dish: Vegetarian salad