Know about this?
NOT A FRIENDLY PLACE!
I did not find the people of Antwerp to be particularly warm or friendly. Perhaps it was because it was Christmas week, cold, damp, and somewhat crowded with tourists. Yet, most people did not go out of their way to talk or to be nice.
What to see in Antwerp
There is a huge competition between the inhabitants of several belgian cities. They all think theirs is the best. Therefor it is just not done for Luc from Ghent to visit Antwerp .
But then, when he did, he was so amazed....
He was taking pictures all the time.
The danger of getting out of film (or memory card )in Antwerp is very real !!
Don´t drink to much of the great Antwerp beers....
There are so many great beers in Antwerp you might have trouble to stop drinking.
In november 2003 we noticed the city even placed signs were to go in case a headache the next morning ;-))
The sign means: pedestrians.
Take the back streets
Don't stay on the Meir (the largest shopping street with the well known large chain stores) and even venture outside the pedestrian area. There are many more lovely shops to be found off the beaten track.
Siteseeing or shopping?
You must choose! Enjoy the architecture and cultural delights or go shopping. You can hardly do both in one day.
During the VT meeting I just had to restrain myself from running into various shops: food shops, fashion shops and shoe and bag shops.
Belgium boasts some fine fashion designers (like Dries van Noten), and window shopping is a treat in itself.
Do not sit next to one of...
Do not sit next to one of these game tables in a cafe. It's an old game called 'tonspel,' where kids try and throw LOUD checker-like pieces of metal in holes on the board.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Breakfast included
- AMOMA.com Best price - No reservation costs
Antwerp Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Point Dume State Beach Hotels
- Clearwater Beach
- Broadway Junction Hotels
- Igo Hotels
- Amlan Hotels
- Pulau Pangkor
- Pokhara Warnings and Dangers
- Cincinnati Warnings and Dangers
- Houston Warnings and Dangers
- Nice Warnings and Dangers
- Sunny Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Sousse Warnings and Dangers
- Tallinn Warnings and Dangers
- Tangier Warnings and Dangers
- Miami Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Avoid at Night
- Kochi Warnings and Dangers