Mortsel Restaurants

• Chibuzor and Eve at
    Chibuzor and Eve at "home"
    by irisbe
  • Restaurants
    by tompt
    c'mon Rose! u have to eat all of it!
    by irisbe

Most Recent Restaurants in Mortsel

• irisbe's Profile Photo

Cooking for guests: There is no place like...

by irisbe Written Aug 5, 2003

Going out for dinner is rather an expensive hobby in Belgium. Whenever possible, accordingly to the schedule of my visitor's planning, I will try to incalculate a few meals or dinners at home.
    Sometimes... I might even put you in the kitchen `-)
    Famous cooks I had in the house was:
    Brewdog (Leroy) who made us the best Mexican chile ever tasted.
    Chibuzor, one of my daughter's friends who assisted me in making a "local" dish.
    We made steamed salmon, white steamed fish, carotspotatoes (orange), persil patatoes (green one), wild rice, a bit of decoration and sauce hollandaise, that we made with the fish fondu, a glass of white wine and a bit of fresh light creme.

Favorite Dish: favorite dishes are those I don't have to make `-)

As for the satisfaction rate? you will have to ask my guests!

Chibuzor and Eve at

Frituur Sint Benedictus: for a quick bite

by irisbe Written Oct 27, 2002

I made sure my guest Rose would not leave the dinner table unless having finished her plate!

Favorite Dish: The people of the Frituur are very nice young persons. They are very friendly and you never have to wait too long before you are served.
    You have to order your fritten yourself but you can eat them in the little room next too the fritkot, taking them with you on a plate.

c'mon Rose! u have to eat all of it!

Frituur Sint Benedictus: For a quick bite

by irisbe Written Oct 27, 2002

When Rose (Rozehill) was visiting me, we went to Bruges by train. Arriving back at Mortsel Oude-God station a bit after 9 pm, I really didn't feel like preparing a dinner myself.
    Instead we crossed the road (Statielei) and went through the Sint Benedictusstraat for a 7 minute walk to Frituur Sint Benedictus.

Favorite Dish: Fritten!

huge package of fritten!

• tompt's Profile Photo

home kitchen: A quick meal at Dannies

by tompt Written Jan 7, 2004

After our visit to Brugge Dannie made a delicious meal at her home. It was a spicy stew with rice.

( We swear we don't know how the kitchen got such a mess, when you got home Rudy! )

Frituur Sint Benedictus: For a quick bite

by irisbe Written Oct 27, 2002

we took each a package of french fries, a cervela a croquette and a boulet, aditional we ordered some ketchup, sweet mayo and cold curry...
    We took each a can of softdrink.

what a splendid healthy Belgian dinner!

Instant Answers: Mortsel

Comments

Mortsel Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mortsel restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mortsel sightseeing.