Brugge Restaurants

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Mozarthuys Cafe Brugge: Food is nice but expensive

by aussirose Updated Jan 4, 2013

Mozarthuys Cafe Brugge by aussirose

We chose Mozarthuys Cafe for lunch as it was located in a nice shady street with loads of outdoor tables and looked like a nice place for a break, spot of lunch and people watching.

The food was nice and the service was good, however it was a bit on the expensive side.

Although we enjoyed ourselves, next time I would probably walk a bit further from the Market Square and choose a smaller cafe.

Link to Last Tip

• Beer Tasting
    • Hiking and Walking

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Den Amad Restaurant Brugge: Best Restaurant in Brugge

by aussirose Written Feb 11, 2012

Den Amad Restaurant Brugge by aussirose

Den Amad Restaurant is in one of the side streets leading off the main Market Square. This was where we had our vt meet dinner - check out the vt meet pix in my travelogue.

I totally recommend this place! Not only does it score a big 5 out of 5 in TripAdvisor but the food is prepared and presented superbly and reasonably priced.

Yes, we would definately go back.

• Beer Tasting

• Petite Maison: Best mussels + honest biz

by MavarickChng Written Dec 11, 2011

This is the only restaurant we been to that does not charge us for sauces.
    Yes, mushroom sauce, mayonaise .etc are chargeable in a few dishonest restaurants that we have dine but not Petite Maison.

Their mussels is also the freshest we have ate in Brugge, the lady boss told us they will not keep the unsold mussels overnight and sell it the next day, thats why theirs is the freshest!!!

Restaurant is located opposite the tourist information centre which is also called the T'zand area.

A meal in Petite Maison wont put a dent in your wallet, infact it's cheapest we have dine in Brugge.

Another thing to take note - aviod all the restaurants that located at the Burg square/Grote Markt.

Favorite Dish: Mussels + everything!!!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Brasserie Mozarthuyz: Brasserie Mozarthuyz

by mvtouring Written Jul 10, 2009

Very popular this place..It was mussel time and everywhere you just saw people enjoying mussels. Various ways you can order them .... done in beer & garlic, in a cream sauce etc. etc.

Favorite Dish: Mussel pot, cheese croquettes (very, very good) and a pancake filled with strawberries and a caramel sauce.

• Arthie's: Superb food and Very Friendly Service

by adoubois Written Apr 9, 2007

Me and my boyfriend discovered Arthie's almost five years ago and have been visiting the restaurant ever since each time we're in Bruges. The reason we keep returning to this restaurant with friends and family is first of all because the food is superb: it's a mix of French and modern Flemish cuisine. The menu is very extensive: salads, pasta, fish, meats, fantastic desserts, which makes it very difficult to choose as everything is so tasty and well presented. Another reason is the atmosphere and service: the owners Sophie and Thierry are very welcoming an make you feel at home.

Favorite Dish: It's impossible to have a favourite dish as there are so many yummy dishes. Favourites are: prawns in garlic butter sauce, fish gratin and mikado pancake (pancake with chocolate sauce and ice cream).

• Trains

• arthies: best in town

by oldmeede Written Jan 21, 2007

My party of 5 people were enjoying a post christmas break to Brugge, it was very cold and the Markt looked like a fairyland with coloured lights and an ice skateing rink. At 18.30 we were very hungry, time to visit my favorite retaurant in Brugge, Arthies. Situated in Wollestratt near the Belfort. The outside looks inviting, once through the door you are warmly welcomed by Thierry and his partner Sophie, the decor is superb, the ambience warm and relaxing.
    Once seated at the table the hard part of the evening begins, what to choose from the menu!.
    The menu choices includes Fish, Meat,and Pasta, if you need any help in choosing your meal help is on hand from Thierry or Sophie who speak perfect English. Waiting for your choice to arrive from the kitchen gives you a chance to sample the local Brugge beer and relax listening to Thierrys great background music.I have eaten 5 times in this restaurant and every time the food was superb. I always leave Arthies feeling happy and contented. The Mad Englishman.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish at Arthies is the Smoke Salmon starter, followed by the rack of lamb served with a local Brugge beer sauce. The salmon is of superb quality and the flavour just right, not too salty.This dish is big enough to have as a main course.
    The rack of lamb is always a delight to eat, tender, pink and full of flavour, served with potatoes and a great sauce.
    If after this feast you are still hungry why not enjoy a crepe a Belgium favourite.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Poeskaffee: Poeskaffee

by mvtouring Written Jul 10, 2009

OK, so I found a cafe for cats, but do you think I could find one for dogs? No way. I think the Belgiums like cats more than dogs, but I may be wrong.

Instant Answers: Brugge

Comments

Brugge Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Brugge restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Brugge sightseeing.