Leuven Favorites

by a005116

Most Recent Favorites in Leuven

Sculpture Trail III...

by steventilly Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: This statue stands near the town hall. Leuven is a university city, and this sculpture represents learning, the youth is pouring knowledge into his head. BUT, it's also a brewing city, and we all know students, so maybe he's pouring beer into his head? I know which was more true of me in my student days ;-)

Typical Student

Sculpture Trail II...

by steventilly Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: Next statue was one from local legend. This woman was apparently raped and murdered and her body thrown into the river. But the body refused to sink and kept coming back to the surface, no matter how her assailiant tried - so he was eventually brought to justice (I hope).

Crime Victim

• DanielF's Profile Photo

Beer

by DanielF Written Feb 28, 2003

Favorite thing: Leuven is home to one of the most famous breweries in Belgium: Stella Artois. I do not know much about beer, and I have not visited the brewery either, but it is a must for beer lovers.

Greater Market.
    • Beer Tasting

The "New" Cathedral

by steventilly Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: When we were last there in 1988 we didn't see this Cathedral at all. So I guess either it's new or we really weren't paying attention back then. I'm inclined to know which is the more true ;-)

St Pieters

Instant Answers: Leuven

Comments

Leuven Favorites

Reviews and photos of Leuven favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Leuven sightseeing.