Bus Company - De Lijn Vlaams-Brabant
221 VUB (Vlaamse Universiteit Brussel)–Vilvoorde-Zaventem
359 Zaventem-Roodebeek (metro station)
The Zaventem town centre is cut into two parts by the railway line Brussels-Leuven.
There is only one main level crossing at the Parklaan and tree smaller ones.
Actually the railway station has been demolished due to important works for the HST-TGV
For further details please look at the website of the Belgian Railways: www.b-rail.be
(available in English, Dutch, French and German)
From the airport
Since the distance between the airport and Zaventem is quite small, it could be really though to get a taxi, most drivers would simply refuse to pick you up and if you do, they will probably make a long detour...
The easiest way would be to take the train. For 1E40, this is a 4 minutes trip. The only drawback is that you only have a train every hours :
- from the airport : xh24 during the week and xh32 during the WE
- from Zaventem: xh31 during the week and xh24 during the WE
Last possibility would be to take the bus but this is already more confusing (imho), two lines are leaving the airport to Zaventem : 220 and 221 and count 10-15minutes for the trip.
More info from
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices