Adinkerke Restaurants

Drooling As I Write!
    Frontage Opposite Railway Station

Most Recent Restaurants in Adinkerke

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Tobacco Pub: A Three-In-One Place!

by johngayton Written Mar 27, 2011

Lunch

This was an almost ideal little find for me on my March 2011 visit, and it provided me with a little chuckle. Tobacco Pub is foremostly an other tobacco shop which has the added bonus of having a cafe-bar which offers a small range of simple snacky-stuff and very-reasonably-priced beer.

Whilst I was enjoying my beer and a light lunch an English couple came in and asked for a menu.

In Adinkerke of course all the bars have "English" menus and here this offered a couple of "English breakfast" options and a few other snacky things.

The male half of the couple said something like "We don't want breakfast, it's lunchtime, we just want a sandwich."

The server, whose English was perfect, pointed out the "baguettes" section of
    the menu.

To which the English guy replied - "We dont want any of that foreign stuff, we just want a
    sandwich."

HA!

Favorite Dish: Me I had the "Pizza Baguette" which was a toasted half-baguette topped with basil pesto, tomato and cheese and was exactly what I was after. My half-litre of Leffe Blonde turned out to be considerably more than 50 cl (the barmaid having topped the glass almost to the brim) and for a 6.50 Euro lunch this was almost perfect.

The only thing that made the experience less than 100% is the fact that since the bar serves food then you can't smoke in it!

• Beer Tasting

• johngayton's Profile Photo

De Verloren Gernoare: If You Find "The Lost Prawn" - Eat It!

by johngayton Updated Jan 3, 2011

Drooling As I Write!

Normally my tobacco runs take me to Adinkereke on a Monday when De Verloren Gernoare is closed for the day (just like my place is and hence my Monday travels). This time round though where I was working was closed for a week for a major refurb and so I made a mid-week trip and noticed that it was open.

Having picked up my tobacco from Tobacco Terminus and enjoyed a couple of cigarette-in-hand beers with the guys I popped next door for lunch.

This another atmospheric little place in the no-man's land of Adinkerke/De Panne's railway station. It's got tiled floors, an interesting-looking bar area with all sorts of bric-brac but only the front terrace was decked with ashtrays and so that's where I parked myself.

Favorite Dish: I think (tho' do correct me if I'm wrong) that the name translates as "The Lost Prawn" and so upon noticing that the "Dagskaart" (once again correct me if I've gotten this wrong too) suggested the "Scampis Tagliatelli" I reckoned I should look no further for the lost prawn than that.

This turned out to be an excellent choice. If the tagliatelli wasn't home-made it was certainly made by someone who knows how to make fresh pasta and was cooked to slivery one-bite perfection. The helping of prawns was meatily generous, finished with a lightly-garlicked creamy tomato sauce which equally coated both the pasta and the crustacea and the the bivalve garnish of razor and common clams added both visually and flavoursomely to the dish - I can retaste it as I write it was so memorable.

Service was equally delish as my every need was more than satisfied by the bubbly young brunette for whom nothing seemed a problem (including my total lack of Flemish) but Leffe Blonde worked for us both and so my excellent repast was washed down by a couple of those.

I think my final bill was about 18 Euros and it seemed churlish not to overtip - tasty food and tasty brunettes always bring out my generous side ;)

• Trains
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Adinkerke

Comments

Adinkerke Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Adinkerke restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Adinkerke sightseeing.