City Stores, Brugge

Know about this? Rate It!

• City Stores
  • Fen's Profile Photo

Post Offices (posterijen)

by Fen Written Aug 9, 2003

Post Box

Favorite thing: The main Post office in Bruges is at Markt 5.
    Opening times are Mon-Fri 9am-5pm plus Sat mornings. Smaller post offices close for lunch from noon until 2pm. Mail boxes are red (see pic) and often docorated with a white bugle. They are either free standing or attached to walls. Stanps can also be purchased from souvenir shops and bookstores.

• aah_stone's Profile Photo

Belgian Chocolate

by aah_stone Written Apr 29, 2004

Fondest memory: Being able to walk down a street and finding a chocolate shop. You can go in and buy a selection of chocolates. There are just so many varieties you just have to buy a whole load.

If you are unsure about what a chocolate is then ask and you may be able to try one or peice of one before you buy.

And I can tell you Belgian chocolates are some of the best in the world.

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo

Brugge Locals are not that freindly

by pigletsmom Written Mar 6, 2004

Favorite thing: Brugge is used to getting so many tourists a year, that it seemed to me that the locals were not very friendly and quite jaded by all the visitors. Even the people working in the tourist office were rather cold and aloof. I don't think they even smiled. I had a restaurant owner get rather nasty with me because I wanted to split a meal with my freind. He was absolutely furious and asked us to leave. Any way, that was my experience.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• jenn_d's Profile Photo

Have a truffle or two...or three...or four

by jenn_d Updated Sep 10, 2002

In the making

Favorite thing: Stop at two or three different chocolate shops. My first taste of honest to goodness hand made Belgian Chocolate came from Pralinette(Wollestraat 31b). I chose a champagne filled truffle to grace my palette. The prices were much more affordable than I expected..I brought tons of it home for family and friends who still believe that I splurged on them!

Fondest memory: At one of the chocolate shops I purchased 3 sets of chocolate shaped breasts complete with pink nipples. At dinner that night I presented them to the 3 young men that I was traveling with for dessert. To our surprise the breasts had a cream filling!

• linwei66's Profile Photo

Chocolates

by linwei66 Written Sep 15, 2004
    Chocolate shop - Brugge, Belgium

Favorite thing: There are chocolate shops all over Brugge. Be sure to load up because once you start sampling them you won't be able to stop!

Fondest memory: I was also suprised by how cheap the chocolates were! You get your euros worth!

• ddgarza's Profile Photo

*would you believe that...

by ddgarza Written Sep 7, 2002

Favorite thing: *

would you believe that excuse to go buy a ROLEX watch ???...

grrrrrrrr... some people are soooo manipulative...

• Bigs's Profile Photo

...buy me something in the...

by Bigs Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: ...buy me something in the Tintin Shop! ;)And some Lindemanns Framboise beers please!

Fondest memory: The Rocket! I want the rocket from the Tintin Shop!!!

• Amitu's Profile Photo

FAMOUS FOR 4 THINGS

by Amitu Updated Mar 17, 2003

Favorite thing: BRUGGES- FAMOUS FOR CHOCOLATES,350 Varities of BEER, LACE products and of course the BELGIAN WAFFLES

Fondest memory: The friendly salesperson at STEF's Chocolate shop