Brug's Beertje (Bar), Brugge

Kemelstraat 5

Know about this? Rate It!

Pater Lieven Kerst
    by richiecdisc
  • Brug's Beertje (Bar)
    by acemj
    Bruges at night
    by mightywease
  • 't Brugs Beertje: 350 Beers!

by delara Updated Apr 4, 2011

This tiny little pub, which I believe has no food but only beer (my idea of heaven), boasts over 350 beers on tap and in the bottle. Every beer has its own specaily designed glass, as if it were crafted just for you.

There are very few tables, so you will probably have to share with strangers, which is the best way to share a pint!

Do try Delerium (8% alcohol), Leffe Braun and the Kriek (cherry) Lambic. The Banana Lambic is very filling, seems a desert drink for girls.

Dress Code: It's a pub. Use your best judgement.

• deadites's Profile Photo

't Brugs Beertje: 't Brugs Beertje

by deadites Updated Apr 4, 2011

More beer than you can shake a stick at.

I went there after reading the recommendations of other VT'ers who had been there and they had this one right. I tried the Brugs Blond, de Koninck and something else that I can't remember (gee, maybe I had one too many?), but the de Koninck worked well for me. ;)

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Bruge Beertje.: the shrine for beer lovers

by richiecdisc Updated Feb 19, 2007

The Little Bruges Bear is one of the greatest beer cafes in the world. It has a casual ambience but avoids being ordinary with some tastefully placed old classic brewery adverts, candles and classical music. But what really sets this place apart is not only the immense beer selection but the extremely knowledgeable staff, like owner Daisy and barman Chris.

On my first visit to Bruges I was solo but wound up in a lock in with the bar staff until all hours of the night. My second visit to the great city was ill-planned when I neglected to check my pub guide to see that the Bear was closed that day! :( My most recent pilgrimage found me in great company with D and three of our favorite VT mates (Caro, Sabsi, and Seppoman).

Dress Code: Decidedly casual though I find it a bit warm even on a cold winter night so wear layers as you'll need to shed a few after a few hours. There is a non-smoking section in the admittedly less atmospheric back section of the pub. After a long day of drinking at two prior Bruges pubs, we still managed to put a few hours in at The Bear. I finally found Pater Lieven Kerst (a great spicy Christmas beer with hints of dried fruit and bittersweet finish), Regenboog't Smisje Dubbel (another dark marvel), and a creamy Christmas pudding-like Goulden Carolous.

not to be missed Pater Lieven Kerst

• hazagogo's Profile Photo

Brug's Beertje (Bar): Great beer

by hazagogo Written Jun 2, 2006

Ok so Im not a big beer drinker, in fact I hate the stuff! But this place sells so much that even I found something that hit the spot. Try out Delerium or even better still bush its seriously strong stuff and before I knew it I was on my third one and 6 hours had just passed me by.....!

Definately give this little place a visit.

• mightywease's Profile Photo

Brug's Beertje (Bar): 300 Beers! Oh yes!

by mightywease Written Dec 12, 2005

Yep, this fantastic bar serves over 300 types of beer. A bit daunting but the beer menu allows you to choose by region, brewing style etc.. And if you're still unsure the bar staff are happy to recommend one.

Given the bars excellent reputation it can get busy so you may find yourself squeezing onto a table or into a small standing space. Make the squeeze though, the beer and the atmosphere (a great place to chat, gossip, discuss and put the world to rights - in a friendly way - all fuelled by the marvellous beer) is well worth it!

Dress Code: None that I've noticed!

Bruges at night
    • Trains

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo

't Brug's Beertje: Frank's beer tip.

by belgianchocolate Updated Feb 27, 2005

Estimated is that there are over 400 kinds of
    Belgian beer. Quit a lot if you know that Belgium
    is a small country with only 10 000 000 inhabitants.

Now , Beers are brewed all over the world in
    the same way...but we got something unique.

LAMBIC is a beer that starts to ferment
    from it's own. The brewer doesn't add a thing.
    It is a bacteria in the air that starts the process
    and that bacteria can only be found in certain
    places. That makes it unique.

I'm not fond of beer , but when the brewer add's
    fruit juice you become something I love.
    Lindemans is my absolute favorite. So
    when comming to Belgium you should at least
    try Framboos Lindemans , Kriek Lindemans
    and PĂȘcheresse . (especially this one).

You can get it only at specialized beer stores.

This time I tried a banana beer from 'De Troch'.
    Let's say I got an extra favorite.

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo

't Brug's Beertje: 300 kinds of Belgian beer.

by belgianchocolate Updated Feb 24, 2005

300 kinds of Belgian beer can one find here.
    It is one of those typical cozy 'cafee's' as we
    call them. Nothing modern , nothing new ,
    everything seemed to be here for ages.
    The walls are decorated with old publicity
    panels and they are covered with a patina of
    nicotine. The service is more then friendly and
    they will for sure advice you if you ask. (yes
    also in English.)

Beer and cheese goes well together. If you
    want you can order a platter with 5 Belgian
    cheeses.

Het Brugs Beertje
    Kemelstraat 5
    B-8000 Brugge

tel en fax: 050/33.96.16

• Brugs Beertje: A beer legend

by sabsi Updated Jan 5, 2004

300 different beers. Nice atmosphere - even though it's full of tourists. We had great fun on two evenings there - trying all the fruit beers (yeah, I know... women ;-). I fell in love with 'Mort Subite Peach' and died laughing when I found out that banana beer is a real macho thing.

On the picture you can see Bigs drinking her favourite local brew - Guido. She ordered it because of the name...

Dress Code: None. Just make sure not to come by car so that you can try all the lovely beers here!

Bigs & Guido

• steventilly's Profile Photo

Brugs Beertje: Brugs Beertje

by steventilly Updated Oct 9, 2002

One of the biggest selections of beer you're ever likely to find (well, OK, this being Belgium there are other bars in Ghent and Antwerp who offer as huge a range).
    There are over 300 different beers, and all with the correct glass to drink them from!
    And next door there's a Jenever bar, if you get bored of beer!

Dress Code: Anything

Brugs Beertje

• martin.lees's Profile Photo

The Brugs Beetje (Little Bear)

by martin.lees Written Sep 12, 2002

The Brugs Beetje (Little Bear)
    A cosy (sometimes crowded) atmosphere. Classical piped music gives a nice atmosphere in which to drink some of over 300 beers available in this tiny bar. There is an extensive beer menu. Each of the different beers is served in it's correct glass.

Instant Answers: Brugge