Know about this? Rate It!
Aerial View of the Beguinage and Minnewater
Most people don't know this, but you'll get an excellent view of the Minnewater and the Beguinage from the roof top of the De Haalve Maan Brewery. Of course, you'll need to join the brewery tour to get to the roof..
Brewery De Halve Maan
Phone : 32 50 332697
Fax : 32 50 345935
Quaint houses and Cobblestone Streets
Not too far from the nun's quarters at Beguinage (Begijnhof), lies many lovely restaurants and chocolate shops which sold their stuff at a cheaper price compared to the ones in centrum.
This chocolate shop in particular, sold their chocs reasonably and even had a nun as a brand! ( Look at the side of the wall) . Anyway, I highly doubt the nuns with with vows to live simply would indulge in any chocolaty entrepreneurial venture.
Beguinage - especially in spring.
Small houses in the inner court are between 300 and 400 years old. They were in the past inhabited by the beguins. Beguins were not nuns, but devout women famed for their good work. Many dedicated their lives caring for the sick, whilst others made bobbin lace. The huge lawn on the inside is covered with daffodils in springtime - beautiful!.
- Historical Travel
- Arts and Culture
The Beguine convent and...
The Beguine convent and hospital is a bit of a walk from the main square, but well worth it. The grounds provide a calm oasis in a sea of travelers.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Brugge Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Iloilo City
- Jelapang Hotels
- Likupang Hotels
- Little Rock Hotels
- Boca Raton Hotels
- Mexico City
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- Dallas Off The Beaten Path
- Maui Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Asheville Off The Beaten Path