De Pompe, Brugge

Bistro De Pompe
    by myriam_c
  • De Pompe: Don't try to serve Mussels if the quality s*cks

by XinF Written May 11, 2015

The service we can't complain about... It was correct, but in a way you could feed that it was a studied act they performed... We asked 2 Iced Tea's for our kids (girls with age 9 and 7). They served the iced tea's in very large high wine glasses... yet we asked for smaller ones and they provided us with a solution... (smaller glas) so far for that, all OK...

When we got the food we ordered our disappointment really started...

The fish I had was quite a small piece and seemed to have swum in butter instead of the sea (Dorade), the fish filet was cut out in the form of a heart, ... which was artistic, but so a lot of the filet was lost ?
    My wife and daughter had the mussels. Apparently they were from Danmark... they were very small and for the price of 22€ not worth it !
    You shouldn't put mussels on your menu and on your suggestion board on the street with that poor quality... Better to serve mussels then ONLY in the SEASON !
    The waiter took the mussels back to the kitchen, after we said that we were not pleased with the served food... he came back with the same pot of mussels and said :'Well I asked the chef, and those are Danish mussels, ... and we cannot provide you with any better...'

We left with half filled and bad feeling and will certainly never go back there... !

Greetings,

A displeased local Bruges Family.

• myriam_c's Profile Photo

De Pompe: De Pompe

by myriam_c Written Oct 23, 2004

Very nice little restaurant, that filled up quickly. Glad I had made a reservation!
    Really very friendly service.
    Good quality fresh food at a good price.

Favorite Dish: I ordered fish soup as a first course and shrimp croquettes as a main (although it's a first course as well but this is never a problem in Belgium). My husband also ordered the fish soup and pork chops with roquefort sauce as a main course. Of course he wanted a dessert to finish: crème brûlée.
    Everything was delicious and beautifully presented.

Bistro De Pompe