Erasmus., Brugge

• Erasmus.
    by reenby
  • Erasmus.: Classical music and good food

by reenby Updated Mar 29, 2007

We tried the beers here first on the outside terrace. We liked the place so much we decided to return for dinner that evening.

The Erasmus is really a hotel with a lovely restuarant. It is handsonly furnished and we sat down to dinner with classical music tinkling in the background. We enjoyed a delicious meal with good wine and finished with wonderful coffees.

Expensive but recommended

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Erasmus: Erasmus

by richiecdisc Updated Feb 19, 2007

Flemmish cuisine at its best

Once considered one of the top beer bars in town, it had gone down hill in recent years but now has come back into its own. The smartly furnished restaurant with a beer oriented menu full of local specialties more than makes up for a limited but well chosen beer selection.

Favorite Dish: My full course lunch menu in 2001 for 695 BF ($15) included a great asparagus soup, beef carbonade (a Belgian style stew made with beer) with frites, and ice cream. The very tasty stew was the perfect compliment for the classic Flemish red ale, Rodenbach Grand Cru. This acidly tart beer is perhaps the most refreshing I've ever had and is one of the beers one must try when traveling in Flanders.

• Beer Tasting

• Canadian_Traveler's Profile Photo

Erasmus.: THE place for mussels & beer

by Canadian_Traveler Written Dec 6, 2003

This place is perfect! The mussels are the best I've ever had (not a single spoiled, funky tasting one in the whole huge pot of them!) and the beer-tasting is awesome. So many Belgian beers to choose from...we just asked our waiter to bring us a different one every time, and they were all great.

The price is right, the service is wonderful and the food is delicious!

Favorite Dish: Mussels...prepared 4 different ways. I ordered the Brugge mussels (beer and endives) and my fiance had some type of garlic flavour. Both were great though I think I prefered the garlic a little more.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Brugge

Comments

Hotels Near Erasmus.
4.5 out of 5 stars