Het Kapittel, Brugge

5 out of 5 stars 5 Stars - 5 Reviews

Slow, Slow, Quick, Quick Slow
    St. Valentine's Dinner with Friends
  • Hold me up Syb! I might use this plate as a pillow
    Hold me up Syb! I might use this plate...
  • Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Het Kapittel: Look what CUPID brought us!

by Geisha_Girl Updated Feb 28, 2004

Hold me up Syb! I might use this plate as a pillow

The Dessert topped off a wonderful meal!

Although, due to the jet lag, the 4 hour walk through Amsterdam, the 3 1/2 hour drive to Brugge, and the numerous DELIGHTFUL glasses of wine (and Leffe Blond!), I was just about ready to say, "Bonne Nuit" in my plate of chocolate mousse!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Het Kapittel: They Could Have Danced All Night..........

Slow, Slow, Quick, Quick Slow

Although we were probably amongst the youngest group in the restaurant during this St. Valentine's Dinner, it was still a joy to see the folks kickin' it up on the dance floor.

The live band played everything from Barry Manilow..........to old Nat King Cole standards.

You can feel Cupid's presence throughout the room as each couple was embraced and enamoured with each other.......whether it was their FIRST date, or their 500th date.........the crowd was alive with L'AMOUR!

Het Kapittel: Good friends, good conversations

by Geisha_Girl Written Feb 28, 2004

Mir's contemplative look (post-foie gras tasting)

Dennis and Chris are here engaged in conversation (in between courses), while Mir still recovers from that first bite of Foie-Gras!

(Not quite the delicacy in the Netherlands, eh Mir?) ;-))

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Het Kapittel: Wine was VERY important!

by Geisha_Girl Written Feb 28, 2004

Never serve a SYBARITE a bad bottle of vino!

The wait staff at the restaurant was very attentive.......and quite BUSY during this dinner which served a full house.

We had to change the wine only once out of the numerous bottles we had gone through. They seemed to keep the champagne and wine bottles flowing.............Impeccable!

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Het Kapittel: A Gastronomic Valentine's Experience!

by Geisha_Girl Updated Feb 28, 2004

St. Valentine's Dinner with Friends

When I found out that we would be spending our St. Valentine's Dinner in Brugge, I only knew to expect great things.

When I was emailed the exquisite menu (en Francais), I had no idea what to expect!

Ths restaurant was located inside the Crowne Plaza Hotel where we stayed, and for St. Valentine's Day, they prepared a full GASTRONOMIC affair.

The St. Valentine's dinner for 2 costs around 160 Euros and included the drinks.

The menu included the following:

Champagne et amuse-gueule

Tartare de thon, coquilles Saint-Jacques marinaes

Capuccino de ramier aux perles de carottes

Sole, beurre lager au citron

Escalope de veau, tartelette de lagumes da hiver accompagne d'un parfum d'amour

Dessert Cupide

Price also included the cheesy, live band that sang all the best "Wedding Singer" songs!

Favorite Dish: The most memorable part of the meal was the COMPANY! Being surrounded by some great people made the 3 hour dinner more fantastic!

Instant Answers: Brugge