Places to eat in Brugge

Most Viewed Restaurants in Brugge

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Ribs and Beer: All you can eat ribs

by Dabs Written Sep 10, 2013

I had wanted to eat at Amadeus in Gent which features all you can eat ribs but we decided to head to Bruges before it opened so I needed to find a 2nd restaurant for our stay and was pleased to find high marks for Ribs and Beer which has the same format as Amadeus.

We arrived exactly at 6pm when they opened on Saturday night, they asked if we had a reservation, we didn't, and said the only tables available were outside. It was a little chilly but not so cold that we couldn't sit outside. Definitely make a reservation if you want to be sure to get a table. You can reserve online or by phone or by email.

Favorite Dish: We both ordered the all you can eat ribs slow cooked with smoky bbq sauce (18€). They bring out a full slab of ribs to starts with a salad and thick fries flavored with rosemary. If you finish your ribs, they come by and ask if you want more, we ordered another 1/2 slab of the chef's special and then said we just want to try the chocolate and beer but they brought us another 1/2 slab. I really liked the smoky bbq, the slow cooked ribs were tender and the bbq was a good flavor. I didn't care for the chef's special, those weren't slow cooked so the meat was tougher. The chocolate and beer wasn't very good either.

When they asked if we were through my husband declared "you win" and the waiter dryly replied "We always do"

Ribs and Beer

• Dabs's Profile Photo

't Fonduehuisje: Fondue

by Dabs Updated Sep 10, 2013

4th visit August 2013

We ate here on our first trip to Brugge back in 2000 so I was happy to hear that it was still open on all of of our return trips, we've eaten here every time we've visited. It's a bit of a walk from the center of town but a pleasant walk down streets filled with chocolate shops that we all left our nose prints on as we were drooling over the window displays. It was pretty close to the last hotel we stayed at, the Ibis Brugge Centrum, another good reason to stay there on our next visit.

The interior appears to be small but I believe there is an upstairs and there's a small outside dining area as well where we ate on our September 2011 visit. I think we were a little early, there was only us and one other table when we left. The area seems a bit more crowded than on our last visit, perhaps tourists have learned not to eat in the Markt Square.

Favorite Dish: As with most fondue restaurants, you can choose from meat, fish or cheese fondue but I almost always go for cheese. The cheese fondue here was very good, a blend of three cheeses with the traditional bread cubes and apples to dip along with a couple of non traditional fruits, grapes and pineapple. The bread was perfect, soaking up the cheese much better than the fondue we had in Paris. It was 22€ for 200grams per person or 23€ for 300grams but 200 grams was more than enough for me. A little pricey, fondue in Paris was 14€ per person, but it is Brugges.

I never make it to dessert, too bad because I bet Belgian chocolate fondue is divine!

Cheese fondue (Sept 2011) Cheese fondue 't Fonduehuisje

• littlebush's Profile Photo

De Verloren Hoek: Great local place

by littlebush Written May 27, 2013

Located next to one of the windmills on the ring road, this place was just 5min walk from our host BnB.
    Its a locals place where locals pop in for beer or food.
    We stopped by for a coffee on arrival but then went back the next day for a snack.
    we had two croques - one monsieur and the other boom boom (with bolagnasie sauce)
    the two were 14 euros.

staff are friendly and theres a great seating area outside should the sun come out

not touristy at all as its in a residential area far from the touristy centre, on Carmerstraat

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Bistro Du Phare: Local place

by littlebush Written May 27, 2013

Recommened by our host, just off the ring road, so a far way, 15min walk from the centre, this place is much more of a locals place than touristy.

Whilst quite expensive the food is good, the service is good and the portaions huge!

We had fish soup, snails, steak and salad plus 4 beers all in for 77 euros.

It was really busy, all with locals so suggests its a good reputation

Located on Sasplein 2

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Restaurant De Linde: Cheap at the Crowne

by grayfo Updated May 16, 2013

A special thanks to VT member Titabell for placing this lunchtime tip in the first place.

I had the pastry in chicken and mushroom sauce, an enjoyable twist on one of my favourites (chicken and mushroom pie). My partner went for the spaghetti and got a helping much larger than she expected.

Overall the meal was a very pleasant experience.

June 2010

Favorite Dish: Pastry in Chicken and Mushroom Sauce (with frites) – EUR 11.00

Diet Cola – EUR 2.30

• grayfo's Profile Photo

La Dentelliere: The Lacemaker

by grayfo Updated May 1, 2013

Probably the most reasonable restaurant in an overpriced part of Brugge, it has a la carte menu (starter, main course, dessert, without wine) for well under 20 euros. The food was good, the decor of the restaurant is rustic and the service was efficient but friendly.

Sunday to Saturday: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm

email info@ladentelliere.be

June 2010

Favorite Dish: Set Menu for 15.95 Euro

Soup of the day

Flemish beef stew with beer

Orange Bavarian Cream

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

The Olive Tree: Yummy Greek Food

by King_Golo Written Mar 31, 2013

After a long day of strolling through the maze of beautiful streets in Brugge, we yearned for some good food - alas, most of the restaurants either seemed to be to expensive or to tacky looking. But then we came across the Olive Tree and decided that this was the place to eat. It was a good decision: the food was superb, the service friendly and there was live music by an eclectic musician playing old Greek folk songs, Simon & Garfunkel evergreens and Spanish language learning songs...

Favorite Dish: I had a pork filet dish that was simply delicious, while my wife enjoyed a pork souvlaki.

• Wine Tasting

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

The Old Chocolate House: It really is the best in town

by Britannia2 Written Mar 23, 2013

This has to be the most perfect place to drink hot chocolate on a winters day. The café is a small room above a shop that sells chocolate, marzipan etc and is decorated in an old Flemish style with small stained glass windows. There is a large fire place as the room feature and the friendly waitress is helpful and polite.
    Other drinks are available but the hot chocolate is special. You are brought a large cup filled with hot milk and a whisk. On a plate is a chocolate container with small chocolates you put in to the hot milk and whisk in. Of course you can even eat the container! You are also given some other chocolates to eat.
    There are also a range of snacks and cakes, buns etc to choose from.

Favorite Dish: The hot chocolate! Incidentally if you are from the UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand and see 'white tea' on the menu - this is not tea with milk as we thought it was. Its basically boiled water with a weak white tea in it and is tasteless. Ask for tea with milk if you want a traditional cup of tea.

The Old Chocolate House Inside the cafe The hot chocolate drink

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

De Beurze: Do not eat here!

by Britannia2 Updated Mar 21, 2013

On the face of it this is a friendly restaurant and in fairness it is quite a ambient place to eat. A warm open fire in a cosy restaurant with nice views over the Markt.
    We chose the tourist menu at 29.50 - this included a baked mushroom dish , steak and chips with a salad a dessert. We paid extra for tea and coffee.
    The tourist menu offers four choices in each section - starter , main and dessert.
    The downside is the wine - we asked for a bottle of house rose and this was quite an acceptable wine but when the bill came it had cost a massive 29.00. There are no drinks prices advertised and this I now gather, is a common ploy in restaurants in the square. ]
    Therefore avoid this restaurant - a pity really because the food is actually good and the restaurant cosy.

De Beurze

Carpe Diem: Waffles!

by Everdeen Written Feb 2, 2013

If you want some authentic Belgian waffles, in my opinion, this is the place to go. It is normally pretty busy filled with tourists and locals alike. The service is good but the food is even better. The menu consisted of coffee, cakes, waffles, pancakes, ice cream, pastries or salad with fresh fruit and for lunch you can have a snack, pasta, toast or a sandwich, served with vegetables and fruit

Favorite Dish: I get the waffles. My first time here I ordered waffles with ice cream and strawberries and I give it an A+. This last time I ordered waffles with just powdered sugar, orange juice, and a coffee and again, you just can't go wrong!

Carlitos: Italian Cuisine

by Everdeen Written Feb 2, 2013

Carlitos is a small Italian restaurant located right next to Charlies Rockets, the hostel/bar. This is another spot I frequent on my trips to Brugge. The first time was with a big group of friends and we each had an individual pizza (which was massive) and literally spent 3 hours eating pizza and drinking way too much wine. Every time I go I end up with a pizza. I know I should probably try something new but I can't help myself. After dinner I always treat myself to a hot chocolate. Which is almost as good as the pizza!

Favorite Dish: Pizza! I mix it up what kind of pizza I get. 4 cheese, cheese and tomato, really anything I've tried is fabulous.

Diligence: Never fails

by Everdeen Written Feb 2, 2013

I go to Diligence every time I've been in Brugge and I already can't wait to go back. The three times I've had the chicken. It comes with frites and a salad. I don't know what kind of sauce they put on this chicken but its to die for. The owners are great people, they are friends of my brothers. Just make sure you finish your meal, otherwise she'll want to know why there is food leftover. Another interesting note, they filmed a scene from "In Bruges" in the restaurant, only it was all decked out in Christmas decor.

Favorite Dish: I always get the chicken. I don't know what kind of sauce they put on it but it is seriously the best chicken I've ever had. I've always tried the lasagna and the fish and both were equally as pleasing.

Interior of Diligence

• catherineneill's Profile Photo

Brasserie Mozarthuis: A bit of a shock - Brasserie Mozarthuis

by catherineneill Written Sep 30, 2012

We headed here one night as we had seen the restaurant off the main square and thought it looked quaint. Quaint it is, but the hidden extra charges in the prices are a bit of a pain, like bread on the table, sauce on the dessert and, wait for it, CUTLERY.

The food was good - we had the mussels and chips and my husband had some meat grilled on our table which was a nice touch, but the service was medium at best and the bill at the end left us with a bad taste. The drinks are ridiculously priced too, i mean how can you justify almost €10 for an apple juice, even if you are near a tourist attraction? We just asked for water instead, although we were charged quite a bit for this too!

Favorite Dish: The mussels were nice, but expensive, although it is near the main square so I suppose that's; to be expected.

• lina112's Profile Photo

Don´t remember the name: Quick lunch

by lina112 Updated Sep 24, 2012

We stopped in this place to have lunch, i don´t remember the name of the place but i know that it is on the way to markt. We had a menu consist in pannini, soft drink and plain wafle, it cost 10 euros, a bit expensive but it Brugge and we had a day to visit all that we could.

Paramos en este sitio para almorzar algo, no recuerdo el nombre pero se que está de camino hacia la plaza del mercado. Tomamos el menu que valia 10 euros y consistía en panini, bebida y gofre de postre, algo caro para lo que es pero es Brujas y había que aprovechar el tiempo.

The place Pannini and drink wafle
    • Castles and Palaces
    • Photography

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Café Craenenburg: Café Craenenburg

by mindcrime Written Sep 14, 2012

This another Café/brasseire in Brugge, there is outdoor seating where you can see the Belfort but it is usually packed with people but this is normal all over Market square.

A lot more space inside, so we preferred to stay there for a while and enjoy our beer because it was too noisy outside with hordes of tourists come and go.

We ordered 2 beers (Stella and Jupiler) and the bill was 6.60euro. There were light snacks, spaghetti options, pizza etc on the menu but we didn’t try anything else than our beers.

Service was quick but typical.

Caf�� Craenenburg Caf�� Craenenburg Caf�� Craenenburg

Latest: Jul 1, 2014
Azalea Hotel Brugge
Latest: Jun 2, 2014

Instant Answers: Brugge

Comments

Brugge Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Brugge locals.
Map of Brugge