Places to eat in Brugge

Most Viewed Restaurants in Brugge

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Various: Waffles

by Dabs Updated Jun 3, 2015

I developed quite a love for delicious warm luikse wafels (Liege Waffle) while in Belgium. Liege waffles differ from the waffles we are accustomed to eating in the US that are made with a batter, Luikse wafels are heavier, made with a dough with big lumps of sugar. The sugar gives the waffle a sweet flavor and many people eat them with no toppings.

I've tried them at several places in Brugge and the key is to find someone making them to order instead of reheating ones that are premade. I ate two on my recent visit, the 1st was reheated and a little dry in spots so I was "forced" to try another, this time from a yellow van in Castle Square. I ordered a whippy, a fresh waffle with whipped cream. Heaven!

Favorite Dish: I like mine with toppings, I tried them on this trip with just fresh cream and with both fresh cream and chocolate-YUM!

The yellow van in Castle Square Liege waffle dough

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Ribs and Beer: All you can eat ribs

by Dabs Updated Mar 23, 2015

I had wanted to eat at Amadeus in Gent which features all you can eat ribs but we decided to head to Bruges before it opened so I needed to find a 2nd restaurant for our stay and was pleased to find high marks for Ribs and Beer which has the same format as Amadeus.

We arrived exactly at 6pm when they opened on Saturday night, they asked if we had a reservation, we didn't, and said the only tables available were outside. It was a little chilly but not so cold that we couldn't sit outside. Definitely make a reservation if you want to be sure to get a table. You can reserve online or by phone or by email.

Favorite Dish: We both ordered the all you can eat ribs slow cooked with smoky bbq sauce (18€). They bring out a full slab of ribs to start with along with a salad and thick fries flavored with rosemary. If you finish your ribs, they come by and ask if you want more, we ordered another 1/2 slab of the chef's special and then said we just want to try the chocolate and beer but they brought us another 1/2 slab. I really liked the smoky bbq, the slow cooked ribs were tender and the bbq was a good flavor. I didn't care for the chef's special, those weren't slow cooked so the meat was tougher. The chocolate and beer wasn't very good either.

When they asked if we were through my husband declared "you win" and the waiter dryly replied "We always do"

Ribs and Beer

• gwened's Profile Photo

Panier d'Or Brugge: nice typical at Brugge

by gwened Written Sep 4, 2014

Very nice resto stop here a while ago and finally have a photo to match. This is flemish cuisine very typical decoration if a bit touristic the prices are still ok. it is in the main square of Brugge.

It is near the belfry building leading to it. the resto is part of a group of several other restaurants with the same quality in Brugge

It has a good ambiance just for the place it is at, style brasserie with open fireplace. YOu have a choice of brasserie simple cuisine a la brugeoise. Good wines mostly French.

It is nicely done, great location and people viewing, the food is ok,the service rush as per the place.

Favorite Dish: menus from 17,50 to 29,50€ and we ordered always the menu du jour, freshest and best prices. The rabbit flemish style is delicious as it is one of fav foods. Waffles for desserts and great wines.

Le Panier d'Or
    • Architecture

• gwened's Profile Photo

T' schrijverke and Bodega Lorena: best local and foreign restos in Brugge

by gwened Updated Aug 4, 2013

yes my favorite there is here T'SCHrijverke
    and Spanish
    Bodega Lorena ,here

One if full of Brugge taste and traditions in flemish lands. the other is Spain in Brugge and the meeting place of the Spanish community the owners been from Valladolid Spain.

Favorite Dish: moules and frites and tapas in Brugge, my two favorites when in town over the years

T'schrijvert resto

• littlebush's Profile Photo

De Verloren Hoek: Great local place

by littlebush Written May 27, 2013

Located next to one of the windmills on the ring road, this place was just 5min walk from our host BnB.
    Its a locals place where locals pop in for beer or food.
    We stopped by for a coffee on arrival but then went back the next day for a snack.
    we had two croques - one monsieur and the other boom boom (with bolagnasie sauce)
    the two were 14 euros.

staff are friendly and theres a great seating area outside should the sun come out

not touristy at all as its in a residential area far from the touristy centre, on Carmerstraat

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Restaurant De Linde: Cheap at the Crowne

by grayfo Updated May 16, 2013

A special thanks to VT member Titabell for placing this lunchtime tip in the first place.

I had the pastry in chicken and mushroom sauce, an enjoyable twist on one of my favourites (chicken and mushroom pie). My partner went for the spaghetti and got a helping much larger than she expected.

Overall the meal was a very pleasant experience.

June 2010

Favorite Dish: Pastry in Chicken and Mushroom Sauce (with frites) – EUR 11.00

Diet Cola – EUR 2.30

• grayfo's Profile Photo

La Dentelliere: The Lacemaker

by grayfo Updated May 1, 2013

Probably the most reasonable restaurant in an overpriced part of Brugge, it has a la carte menu (starter, main course, dessert, without wine) for well under 20 euros. The food was good, the decor of the restaurant is rustic and the service was efficient but friendly.

Sunday to Saturday: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm

email info@ladentelliere.be

June 2010

Favorite Dish: Set Menu for 15.95 Euro

Soup of the day

Flemish beef stew with beer

Orange Bavarian Cream

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

The Old Chocolate House: It really is the best in town

by Britannia2 Written Mar 23, 2013

This has to be the most perfect place to drink hot chocolate on a winters day. The café is a small room above a shop that sells chocolate, marzipan etc and is decorated in an old Flemish style with small stained glass windows. There is a large fire place as the room feature and the friendly waitress is helpful and polite.
    Other drinks are available but the hot chocolate is special. You are brought a large cup filled with hot milk and a whisk. On a plate is a chocolate container with small chocolates you put in to the hot milk and whisk in. Of course you can even eat the container! You are also given some other chocolates to eat.
    There are also a range of snacks and cakes, buns etc to choose from.

Favorite Dish: The hot chocolate! Incidentally if you are from the UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand and see 'white tea' on the menu - this is not tea with milk as we thought it was. Its basically boiled water with a weak white tea in it and is tasteless. Ask for tea with milk if you want a traditional cup of tea.

The Old Chocolate House Inside the cafe The hot chocolate drink

• Everdeen's Profile Photo

Carpe Diem: Waffles!

by Everdeen Written Feb 2, 2013

If you want some authentic Belgian waffles, in my opinion, this is the place to go. It is normally pretty busy filled with tourists and locals alike. The service is good but the food is even better. The menu consisted of coffee, cakes, waffles, pancakes, ice cream, pastries or salad with fresh fruit and for lunch you can have a snack, pasta, toast or a sandwich, served with vegetables and fruit

Favorite Dish: I get the waffles. My first time here I ordered waffles with ice cream and strawberries and I give it an A+. This last time I ordered waffles with just powdered sugar, orange juice, and a coffee and again, you just can't go wrong!

• Everdeen's Profile Photo

Carlitos: Italian Cuisine

by Everdeen Written Feb 2, 2013

Carlitos is a small Italian restaurant located right next to Charlies Rockets, the hostel/bar. This is another spot I frequent on my trips to Brugge. The first time was with a big group of friends and we each had an individual pizza (which was massive) and literally spent 3 hours eating pizza and drinking way too much wine. Every time I go I end up with a pizza. I know I should probably try something new but I can't help myself. After dinner I always treat myself to a hot chocolate. Which is almost as good as the pizza!

Favorite Dish: Pizza! I mix it up what kind of pizza I get. 4 cheese, cheese and tomato, really anything I've tried is fabulous.

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Mozarthuys Cafe Brugge: Food is nice but expensive

by aussirose Updated Jan 4, 2013

We chose Mozarthuys Cafe for lunch as it was located in a nice shady street with loads of outdoor tables and looked like a nice place for a break, spot of lunch and people watching.

The food was nice and the service was good, however it was a bit on the expensive side.

Although we enjoyed ourselves, next time I would probably walk a bit further from the Market Square and choose a smaller cafe.

Link to Last Tip

Mozarthuys Cafe Brugge by aussirose
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Beer Tasting

• lina112's Profile Photo

Don´t remember the name: Quick lunch

by lina112 Updated Sep 24, 2012

We stopped in this place to have lunch, i don´t remember the name of the place but i know that it is on the way to markt. We had a menu consist in pannini, soft drink and plain wafle, it cost 10 euros, a bit expensive but it Brugge and we had a day to visit all that we could.

Paramos en este sitio para almorzar algo, no recuerdo el nombre pero se que está de camino hacia la plaza del mercado. Tomamos el menu que valia 10 euros y consistía en panini, bebida y gofre de postre, algo caro para lo que es pero es Brujas y había que aprovechar el tiempo.

The place Pannini and drink wafle
    • Castles and Palaces
    • Photography

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Café Craenenburg: Café Craenenburg

by mindcrime Written Sep 14, 2012

This another Café/brasseire in Brugge, there is outdoor seating where you can see the Belfort but it is usually packed with people but this is normal all over Market square.

A lot more space inside, so we preferred to stay there for a while and enjoy our beer because it was too noisy outside with hordes of tourists come and go.

We ordered 2 beers (Stella and Jupiler) and the bill was 6.60euro. There were light snacks, spaghetti options, pizza etc on the menu but we didn’t try anything else than our beers.

Service was quick but typical.

Caf�� Craenenburg Caf�� Craenenburg Caf�� Craenenburg

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Cafe’t Klein Venetie: Cafe’t Klein Venetie

by mindcrime Written Sep 14, 2012

This was a café with nice view near the canal with hundreds of people passing by. So, it was very busy because of its location but we were lucky to find a table outside where we spend some minutes enjoying a cappuccino (2.80e) and a the first beer of the day, a local 33cl Jupiler beer (2.70e)

It’s open daily 10.00-24.00

Cafe���t Klein Venetie

• Ribs n Beer: Check out Ribs n Beer for...um, ribs and beer

by macphile Updated Aug 7, 2012

Ribs n Beer is a quite popular spot in Bruges for, of all things, ribs and beer. I gather the locals (and perhaps others) also visit for nachos and fajitas. In general, the food is pretty American.

Anyway, the ribs offer is €18, all you can eat (plus salad and fries). You can have the chef's special rub, smoky BBQ, spicy BBQ, or beer and chocolate, and you can order a different sauce with each new ribs order, so you can try them all. I tried the spicy, the rub, and the beer and chocolate. I found the ribs done in the chef's rub were a bit tougher. The sauces were quite good. The service was friendly.

Ribs at Ribs n Beer Beer at Ribs n Beer

Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Azalea Hotel Brugge
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews

Instant Answers: Brugge

Comments

Brugge Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Brugge locals.
Map of Brugge