Poules Moules, Brugge

• xuessium's Profile Photo

Poules Moules: Poultry & Mussels in Brugge

by xuessium Updated Mar 28, 2006

PoulesMoules

"Great food in a small restaurant"

That's the motto of the place. And delivered it, they did.

It was both the cheery yellow exterior of the restaurant and the chicken and mussels logo that caught my eyes. Me and my buddy were supposed to leave Brugge for the coast for Moules/Musselens/Mussels but we were delayed and instead chose to hang around the city and find a good restaurant instead.

The brick and wooden interior assured my choice despite the restaurant being rather empty for dinner time. It was my last night in Belgium and I wanted to have a good meal. Usually with the decor warm and cosy, it is already putting one foot right forward.

The restaurant is 3 stories high and to the top level we climbed. Service was perky and quick and our orders despatched to the kitchen quickly. (Though, like other restaurants in Belgium, they weren't very fast with the bill though) The more I sat in the restaurant, the more I fell in love with it, despite some rather dubious choice of wall photographs and paintings. All that is missing is a fire-place.

Favorite Dish: The mussels (19.50Euros) did not disappoint at all. My buddy had his natural, without sauces while I chose mustard sauce as condiment. Coupled with the wonderful ambience of the place and an exploding anticipation (it was about 40 minutes before dinner finally arrived), I attacked my pot with gusto. Slurp, slurp, slurp. They were delicious. The mussels were fresh, big & succulent. It wasn't before long I was sitting in my seat with a big smile on my face and satisfaction sitting lovely in my stomach. *Burp*

And I had Linden Tea (1.95Euros) for the first time as well. Supposedly good for digestion and it was.

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Restaurant Poules Moules: Eating Mussels and Fries

by bpacker Updated Sep 21, 2004

Look out for this sign

As I mentioned earlier, most restaurants around the Markt are touristy and overpriced. So, head into the back streets and small squares to find little restaurants filled with more character and better prices.
    I found such a place when I wandered into a little square where the Chocolate Shop "Chocolate Line" was. Opposite the shop was a place that offered flemish-style mussels with wine/beer and Bruges-style boiled eel. I think the mussels must have cost something like 17 euros. A lot cheaper than those offered at the Markt!

Favorite Dish: Mussels , fries and beer, of course.

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Poules Moules: Eating a light meal in Bruges

by bpacker Written Sep 21, 2004

Yum yum chicken salad

Yes, eating light is also possible in Bruges. Have a salad once you're done with your chocolates, flemish stews, mussels and fries!

Favorite Dish: The chicken salad (12 euros) at this restaurant is quite yummy. The serving is fresh and yummy.

Instant Answers: Brugge

Comments

Hotels Near Poules Moules
76 Opinions