Taverne Brugeoise, Brugge

• Taverne Brugeoise
    by BigReg
    the real *Friends* spot!
    by morgane1692
  • Taverne Brugeoise: Don't go, you will be stoled !

by etam Written Aug 11, 2014

This property (which does not even deserve one star) does not deserve the name of restaurant either. Home rude, frozen food, inflated prices and more than dirty toilets.

I would never have experienced such a bad time in a restaurant. I feel the need to alert all potential consumers of what they stand going there. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. The waiters are rude. They throw the card on the table and you understand that you need to hurry up and order because they do not have the time. It does not warn you that anything you will be asked to take is counted as a supplement (bread). The portions look like children's menus (and I exaggerate a little because they do not rassasieraient children). To give you an idea, we ordered two vegetarian and two pasta carbonara dishes. We waited 25 minutes for frozen food (worse than frozen food from the supermarket), not completely thawed, the amount of which allowed us to finish in less than 5 minutes! All for 71 euros !!! I have never felt so much a sense of myself is stolen. Beside us, other customers because we grumbled they had not warned that the bread was paid and that their portions are so small. Leaving this place, we had to buy something else to eat because we were starving. I say this because I think it's important that other people know what they put their feet. Too bad because the Belgian gastronomy is famous and very good, this place gives a false image of Belgium and tarnished the image of our gastronomy. A widely distributed in!

• Taverne Brugeoise: Appalling behaviour!

by BigReg Written Aug 5, 2014

Very small portions, frozen fries. The waiter asked if we would like a local beer. The beer arrived and it was a litre. Only when we got the bill did we see we'd been charged €20. I complained and the waiter shrugged and said we should have asked the price at the time of the order. In my opinion the waiters prey on tourists and the management condone this. I told them them this at the time and they just laughed. I hope this review goes some way to address that laugh

• morgane1692's Profile Photo

Taverne Brugeoise: people-watching on the Grand Place!

by morgane1692 Updated Feb 21, 2004

The Grand Place on a sunny, breezy early afternoon...any one of the cafes and restaurants which rim this marketplace would be lovely, we just happened to choose the Taverne Brugeoise. Typically European and charming, but never boring. Conversation and people-watching and eating and drinking, where no one is on any clock or timetable whatsoever... how decadent!

Favorite Dish: Well, I'd like to say the cherry belgian waffle was superb, but they were **OUT** of cherries on the day we were there...;-( The croque monsieur sandwich was yummy enough however, and the coffee!! The coffee came in a regular-sized cup, which means a biiiiig cup by Euro standards, a nice change for this Starbucks-slash-Friends-sized coffee *vase* fan.

the real *Friends* spot!

Instant Answers: Brugge

Comments

Hotels Near Taverne Brugeoise
5.0 out of 5 stars