The Hobbit, Brugge

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 5 Reviews

Emplacement
    by Marie-Claude
  • Pontifex_M's Profile Photo

The Hobbit: The best (spicy)spare ribs you've ever had!

by Pontifex_M Written Nov 12, 2008

Hi,

If you like spare ribs I can recommend 'The Hobbit' (see "www.resto.be" for addresses). I go several times a year to Bruges with some friends to have dinner there (Bdw: it's all you can eat).

Bruges isn't such a great place to party, not if you compare it to Gent, Brussels or Antwerp. If you really want to party I would suggest that you go to Gent, becasue that would be closest to Bruges.

Cheers,

Jo

Favorite Dish: Spare ribs (lots and lots of it).
    They serve a fantastic sauce with them.

• kateandcarl's Profile Photo

The Hobbit: How many ribs can you eat??

by kateandcarl Written Feb 21, 2008

We picked this out from the guidebook and happened across it whilst looking for another bar just across from it. When we took a look at the menu one thing jumped out at me, the ribs (spicy if you liked) were 'all you can eat'!

This was too good a challenge to resist and consequently I found myself with a large plateful of around 60 ribs that had been eaten away! I would've eaten a few more (I had randomly targetted 77 in my head) but the disapproving looks from my fellow diners - especially my wife - who had long since finished told me it was time to stop. I did manage to find room for dessert though!

Much respect to the waiting staff who continually return to the table asking if you'd like more, they more than earned their tip that night!

The general feel about the place was relaxed, and the menu makes for a good laugh, no stuffiness in this restaurant. Everyone with me enjoyed their meals too, and all washed down with a good selection of Belgian beers.

If anyone can get more than 77 let me know, I'll have to go back and try to get it next time!

Favorite Dish: The Ribs!

• The Hobbit: Very popular

by davidburrows Updated Jul 30, 2005

Eclectic decor, with no apparent Hobbit theme if that would be your reason for visiting. Fair range of food at reasonable prices, and small range of Belgian beers esp. compared to 't Brugs Beertje across the road! Don't get there at peak times if you want to eat, or go a lot later as it does serve food quite late.

• jenn_d's Profile Photo

The Hobbit: No Magic Here

by jenn_d Updated Oct 18, 2004

This place was not worthy of a picture in my opinion but worthy to avoid because of the proprieters rudeness.

We walked in..there were open tables, the hostess attempted to seat us, and a man intervened to tell us they were full even though there were obvious tables open. When we asked if we could wait for a table he still said "No."

No Joke

We were completely sober and completely polite. Our guess is that it was a truly locals only place.

• Marie-Claude's Profile Photo

De Hobbit ***: Don't miss the all you can eat spearibs

by Marie-Claude Written Jun 21, 2004

Emplacement

This is a small restaurant that looks like a pub. It is a very nice ambience.. the drinks are good and the food too.

Favorite Dish: There is some all you can eat spearibs for 11 euros.. They are very good, you can choose between spicy or not spicy sauce.. Just delicious!
    My friend wasn't very hungry so she ordered a salad for 9 euros.. They came back with an enormous salad, she said it was delicious.. but too much for her appetite.

• Study Abroad