le panier d'or, Brugge

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Le Panier d'Or (The Golden Basket): Right on Markt Square with all the action

by Beausoleil Written Mar 28, 2013
    Le Panier d'Or, Brugge

On our first trip to Brugge we didn't know the town nor restaurants. We were following a walk in the DK Eyewitness Guide and lunch arrived near St. Salvator Cathedral. We found the perfect menu . . . only to discover the restaurant wasn't going to be open until Friday and it was only Tuesday. That's a bit long to wait for lunch so we backtracked looking for restaurants. We had walked into the Markt square and noticed many restaurants surrounding it so decided that would be good. We arrived back and started looking at menus. The menu at Le Panier d'Or looked perfect so we went in. They have outside seating on the square that would be fun but it was cold and looked like rain so we went inside.

Inside it is a warm, cosy, well-decorated restaurant. We were seated near a window so we could still see the square.

Favorite Dish: Here is my journal entry for the meal. "Ed ordered vegetable soup to start and I got a cheese croquette. He ordered the Dover sole and I got rabbit in the Flemish style that had a very rich beer sauce. We were both very happy with our choices. We paid the extra for a delicious chocolate mousse and I had coffee. The waiters were very good and seemed to enjoy their jobs. Good food; good service."

When we got home, I read some bad reviews (on another web site) and I must say they didn't seem to describe the restaurant where we ate. I think people may have put their reviews in the wrong place. The service was outstanding and further, when it did start to rain outside, the waiters managed to help everyone inside and reseat them, including a young couple with a baby and stroller (push-chair) that they took particular care to help. We were very impressed with the staff and the food was very good. The location can't be beat.

E-mail: info@restaurant-panierdor.be

• Architecture

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

le panier d'or: more than good food

by call_me_rhia Written Dec 15, 2002

le panier d'or

a quaint, albeit touristy, pink restaurant on the main square, the market square. Then again, on a sunny day, it's a great place to sit down and relax a bit... and watch life (and tourists) pass by

Favorite Dish: I don't remember exactly the name..... but it was some dessert, like small pancakes topped with strawberries.... delicious.. and with a lot of whipped-cream: perfect to gahther some energy to climb up the steps of the belfry

Instant Answers: Brugge

Comments

Hotels Near le panier d'or
5.0 out of 5 stars