Know about this? Rate It!
Fort Napoleon - Vuurtorenweg - Ostend
Napoleon built this fort as defence against a possible invasion from the English.
A British invasion never came and the fort was completed only upon the fall of Napoleon
During worldwar I and II this fort was used by the German military
As from 1995 this fort is managed and restored by money the "Flanders Heritage"
It became a hospitable spot for cultural events
- Food and Dining
- Arts and Culture
Other places and names remind...
Other places and names remind us of the connection between Oostende and the Royal Family. In front of the St. Peter and St. Paul's church is a statue for King Albert I and his wife Queen Elisabeth. Both monarchs symbolize the resistance and the endurance of the Belgian people during the First World War.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Discount Hotel Rooms
- Priceline.com More Ways to Save on Hotels. Save up to 50% on Top Brands.
Oostende Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Neyyattinkara Hotels
- Giv`at Olga Hotels
- Vashon Island Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Ballabgarh Hotels
- Orlando Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Munich Off The Beaten Path
- South Dakota Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Memphis Off The Beaten Path
- Asheville Off The Beaten Path
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Off The Beaten Path
- Pennsylvania Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path