Tours & Walks, Brussels

by machomikemd

Know about this? Rate It!

• chicabonita's Profile Photo

city sightseeing by bus

by chicabonita Updated Feb 16, 2004

Favorite thing: The tour starts at the central station and takes you to all the main landmarks of Brussels. The bus stops 13 times at the different places and you can get on and off the bus as much as you want.

www.city-sightseeing.com

Fondest memory: I made the tour on a sunny November saturday. I sat in the open upper part as I didn't want the dirty windows on my pictures. But, jesus, after 1h30 it was quite cold! If you do it in the next months be sure to have proper winter clothes on. I'm still wondering that I didn't get a cold ...

• Imaniac's Profile Photo

Comic Art

by Imaniac Updated Feb 15, 2004

Favorite thing: Belgium is not only known for it's chocolate and waffles. Comic books are also a big part of their culture. To celebrate this fact, walls all over the city have been painted to commemerate one of the Belgian comics. I've seen 3 during my stay in Brussels, but there are many more. You can even do a Comic Art Tour and try to see as many painted walls as you can. Go to this website: http://www.brusselsinternational.be/en/comic.htm

Comic Strip Art in Brussels

Something different for kids

by kylian74 Written Jan 3, 2004

Favorite thing: While you are enjoying the christmas market around like tasting foods, not only belgians but there are always chance to find food specialties from other countries.The very popular 'gluwhien', hot chocolates and Jenever are just around the corner.

If kids are bored hopping around, put them in the carousel, I'm sure they will appreciate it, there was a giant ferries wheel too.

Fondest memory: Hanging out with the family during xmas season is always the best thing.

my son Kyle on the carousel

A day hopping in Brussels

by kylian74 Updated Jan 3, 2004

Favorite thing: This area is where the christmas market in Brussels. I believe this one is in the ' Vismarkt ' a short walk from the Grand Place and Bourse. Thanks to Norali a Vt friend who showed me the xmas market...I got wrong info before and now I found it right!

Fondest memory: I like the carousel although it's for kids...well, it wasn't an ordinary one, isn't it antique Norali?

Antiek style carousel at the chistmas market

St. Chatarina church in Brussels

by kylian74 Written Jan 3, 2004

Favorite thing: The other side of the church was spot lighted in BLUE very Nice at night!..probably it's because chistmas, it caught attentions to many people.

Fondest memory: Haha...I remember at the side of this church there were an open male toilet for urinating, you can see them facing the wall while using it... but it was a toilet I witnessed. Since it's an open air, the smell was hell! I I just don't know what the idea behind of putting a toilet like that, I should be mistaken for a temporay one during xmas but I think no.

chuch spotlighted in blue
    • Religious Travel

St. Catharina church in Brussels

by kylian74 Updated Jan 3, 2004

Favorite thing: The first time I saw the church was in daylight, I was together with Norali a VT friend who toured me around the area of Vismarkt, Brussel where this church nearby. Actually I was more attracted to the architecture inside rather than the pink spoted at night.
    The following day, I returned to the same place and took this picture, that time was dark enough to view the church in pink.

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of this place?...Hmmm, the churrus stall where I bougth my hot choco and Norali found her first taste of Churrus a typical spanish delicacy, then on the right side of the pic was a stall of belgian fries/specialties. I bought a pack of fries and shared it with Norali. The nice thing is, I am thankful to discover the place and just the next day I went back here with hubby, Kyle and my sister.

the church in Pink spotlight
    • Religious Travel

• LysDor's Profile Photo

IT'S GOOD, IT'S BELGIAN...

by LysDor Updated Oct 19, 2003

Favorite thing: ...BIEN SUR!

BRUSSELS IS THE CITY FOR LOVERS OF ALL KIND

Maybe it does not have the romanticism of Paris or Venice, but it has its charm and a lot to offer for the body and mind: art, museums, food, beers, sights, outdoors...

Keep all your senses alert and the city will enchant you in a surprising way!

I will open-up my heart and present you some of my favourite and -dear- places I still like to go to.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• imdreams's Profile Photo

Visit the Grand Place, the...

by imdreams Updated Jun 21, 2003

Favorite thing: Visit the Grand Place, the Sablon, the Atomium and Mini Europe, these are all places you must see, and .... wait until I discover more, I have been here for only 2 weeks.

The picture you see here is for Mini Europe. Since Brussels has become the Capital of Europe, it was extremely befitting for the Belge to create a mini Europe, where you can find a mini replica of all the famous European monuments.

Fondest memory: Well, I am still in the stage of building memories, but I am sure they will all be nice ones. :-)

• chancay's Profile Photo

in the streets near to the Grand Place

by chancay Updated Mar 3, 2003

Favorite thing: on our way to the central place ("Grote Markt") we passed by these beautiful little streets, full of souvenir shops and restaurants. Here you´ll find the famous belgican choclate and all other typical stuff.
    In the background of the picture are already buildings of the Grand Place.

houses around the Grand Place
    • Architecture

• LizC's Profile Photo

Great architecture, wide open streets and shops

by LizC Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: Walk around town, it's such a pleasure walking in Brussels, with all the grand and awesome buildings, endless world class shops, galleries and restaurants, and lots of musicians playing different instruments day and night on street corners.

Fondest memory: Greatest city overall

Tourist-friendly signs

• littlebush's Profile Photo

In our short time in Brussels,...

by littlebush Updated Nov 14, 2002

Favorite thing: In our short time in Brussels, we went to see :
    The Grand Place - The main square in Brussels. Here are some old buildings - the Hotel De Ville, Maison Du Roi and the Guildhalls. All very beautiful buildings in the old part of Brussels with its cobbled streets. The Royal Palace is nothing special but worth the walk to as the Parc De Bruxelles is opposite and is worth a pleaseant walk around. If you fancy a long walk, you can walk out to the EU area, theres not much there to see but a few European Parliament buildings. The Mannekin Pis is probably one of Brussels most famous attractions. It's a small statue of boy having a slash! Theres also a great cafe culture in Brussels and just off the streets of the Grand Place are some nice restaurants where of course you will have to try some Mussels from Brussels!

Hotel De Ville

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Pavement Artists

by keeweechic Written Feb 25, 2003

Fondest memory: I remember wandering around Brussels and seeing the pavement artists. Some of their work was incredible and seemed such a shame that people would eventually end up walking over their designs or rain would wash them away. There was always a crowd around them.

• Eco-Tourism

• Walk around the Grand Place,...

by MelindaW Written Sep 8, 2002

Favorite thing: Walk around the Grand Place, munching on a fresh Belgian waffle that was spread with chocolate.

Fondest memory: Walking around the Grand Place one evening in early December, when the annual Christmas Market was set up inside the courtyard. There was a bit of snow falling, all of the ancient buildings were lit beautifully, and the air smelled of pine boughs/hot cider/fresh waffles. Perfect!

• Mr_Edd_20's Profile Photo

When visiting Brussels, a must...

by Mr_Edd_20 Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: When visiting Brussels, a must is to stroll around at night time. Everything is lit up well, making the buildings look absolutley stunning at night. People are all about at night, and we saw this one woman juggling flames in the middle of a street.

Fondest memory: My best memory of Brussels was when me and my girlfriend went to the National Park (Garden?). We got there, and it ended up raining really hard, so we were stuck underneath some trees for a while, seeking shelter (don't worry, Europe never really has lightening storms, it just drizzles or pours rain)After awhile, we got tired of waiting for the rain to calm down, so we ran like a kilometer to our hotel. It was a really romantic thing, being stuck in the rain in that beautiful park....i'm clueless as to why I took no pictures of the park. The park is across the street from the Royal Palace.

• tempura's Profile Photo

walk througt the city....

by tempura Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: walk througt the city. Brussels must be discovered slowly. Don't miss the 'art nouveau' buildings, the 'sablon', the Woluwe parks, the Japanese tower and the Chinese house. En don't forget : 'Belgium where rain is typically'

Instant Answers: Brussels