Sound & Light Show, Brussels

Know about this? Rate It!

Orson
    Orson
    by filipdebont
    The middle courtyard is filling up
  • so_alex's Profile Photo

Red Night District: Red Night District - Near Gare du Nord, Bruxelles

by so_alex Written Aug 26, 2006

The red night district is not really big actually, but it is worthwhile to take a look another mini Amsterdam. By the way, take great care of your pocket and avoid visit this area alone here at night.

• Seniors

• filipdebont's Profile Photo

Koning Boudewijn Stadium: Robbie Williams in Brussels

by filipdebont Updated Jun 18, 2006

VIP Parking card

I booked the tickets for this concert in November 2005.

The first concert (tuesday 13th of June 2006) was sold out immediatly. So there was a waiting list for a second concert.

So I got tickets for the second concert on wednesday 14th of June 2006.

Thanks to the relations of my father, I also got a VIP paking card, like that I could park my car at the parking lot of the B.O.I.C. (the Belgium Olympic Comite), which is located just next to the stadium - the big advantage was the quick return after the concert.

Dress Code: Depending on the weather : tuesday (13th of June) was Sunny and very hot, wednesday (14th of June) was very gray and very wet.

• Music

• filipdebont's Profile Photo

Koning Boudewijn Stadium: Before the concert

by filipdebont Written Jun 18, 2006

Basement Jaxx in action

We arrived early in Brussels, (around 15.30), the weather was not good at all, and it was raining.

Some colleagues did come to the concert the day before and then it was very sunny and very hot (about 30 degrees C). So bad luck for us.

Before the doors opened we walked around and stopped at a few cafes to drink some beer.

And then finally the doors opened around 17.00, at first I did not want to enter the stage so early as we had numbered places in the gallery, but as the weather was so bad, it was nor really pleasant to walk around outdoor and become all wet and cold.

At first we did eat some greasy fries (och my god, there goes my diet . . . ) these fries are not really good publicity for the real Belgium fries.

And then around 18.30 the first show began : Orson

And around 19.30 it was time for Basement Jaxx - Wow these big black ladies brought some sunshine in the grey stadium - they really made us move - Thanks ladies for the great warming up.

And then we still had the wait till 21.15 before the real show started . . . .

• Music

• argentia's Profile Photo

Sound & Light Show: Light up Grand Place

by argentia Written Jan 8, 2006

The sound and light show

At dusk, there is a special sound and light show in Grand Place. Every year there is a different theme, with music and lights timed to the music. Get there early and find a good viewing spot--and enoy.

• Imbi's Profile Photo

Sound & Light Show: Brussels by night

by Imbi Updated May 12, 2004

If visiting Brussels don’t go back to your hotel or accommodation after the sun goes down. It is believed that true Brussels awakes after the sun. Everywhere beautiful lights gives such a stunning atmosphere that you will never want to go back.

• martin_nl's Profile Photo

Opposite the Town Hall: Light Show on the Grote Markt/ Grand Place

by martin_nl Written Nov 11, 2002

Every night there is a light show on the Grote Markt/ Grand Place. The whole building lights up and there is music. You have a great view when you sit in one of the pubs or restaurants opposite the Town Hall.

Dress Code: Depending on the establishment you decide to enjoy the view in.

• School Holidays

• Venturingnow's Profile Photo

I'm not the party-type, but...

by Venturingnow Written Aug 25, 2002

I'm not the party-type, but my first night in Brussels I was lucky enough to have a roomate with a guidebook on him and he informed me about the light/music show on the grand place. It's really fun. I have a photo I took of it on my laptop, but until I get it up, here are some borrowed off the web, email me if they're yours.

• agido's Profile Photo

Sound & Light Show: A night in Brussels!

by agido Written Mar 16, 2009

Sounds and lights at the Grand Piazza of Brussels truly give warmth by nights more during the cold days od December!

• Theme Park Trips

• K1W1's Profile Photo

The Grand Place, or central...

by K1W1 Written Aug 25, 2002

The Grand Place, or central square is a must see and at certain times there is a sound and light show here at night.

Instant Answers: Brussels