Brussels What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Brussels

• Nice_Girl's Profile Photo

by Nice_Girl Written Aug 25, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Unfortunately, Belgium is a cold and raining country. We can sometimes have hot summer (or nice months of May or September) but take a umbrella with you !
    I always suggest to take good walking shoes when you travel because walking around the city the whole day can be painful for your feet.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: First of all, ask yourself what kind of a holiday you're going to have. If you intend to do alot of sightseeing and walking, you should pack along a comfortable pair of shoes/ sandals. However, if you plan on having a relaxing holiday and visiting the museums et al, then I'd suggest that you pack along some smart casuals and a lovely pair of shoes. Remember, no matter which country you are in, there are ALWAYS a group of people who'd judge you by the way you dress. So, it is always advisable to look presentable at ALL times... unless of course, if you are Madonna herself. Then you can get away with ANYTHING! :-)

Photo Equipment: I ALWAYS, ALWAYS bring along at least 2 camaras with me... just in case one breaks down. My friends used to laugh at me.... until their one and only camera broke down. Then when they had to RELY SOLELY on me and my amateurish photographic skills, they stopped laughing. Yes, immediately. Serve them right! :-))

Miscellaneous: DON'T forget to bring along your ATM card and.... an open mind. Remember, if your ATM card is linked to international networks like 'Cirrus', 'Plus', 'The Exchange' etc, you can withdraw money from any ATM machines in the world. What's more, you'd even benefit from the LOW interbank exchange rates being given to you vis-a-vis if you were to change it at your local money-changer. I have survived on this method for ALL my trips abroad and so far, no ATM machines have failed me. Yes, even in the remotest villages in Africa.
    :-)) If you haven't tried this method, I challenge you to do so today. And be pleasantly surprised at how much you can save at the end of the day using this method. I kid you not!

Photo Below: Place du Sablon.

'One of the gladdest moments in human life, me thinks is the departure upon a distant journey into unknown lands. Shaking off with one might effort the fetters of Habit, the leaden Weight of Routine, the Cloak of many Cares and the Slavery of Home, one feels once more Happy, the blood flows with the fast circulation of childhood... A journey, in fact, appeals to Imagination, to Memory, to Hope -- the three sister graces of our moral being.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton

• viddra's Profile Photo

What To Take?

by viddra Written Sep 19, 2005

reflexion

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: The weather here is very changeable-it can be sunny for an hour, rainy for half an hour, then sunny again. So, it's advisable to always have a raincoat or umbrella prepared!

• Norali's Profile Photo

Specific gear for rainy Brussels (and Belgium)

by Norali Updated Jun 21, 2003

We need water for such marvels

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Take with you raincoats or parkas with impermeable fabrics. It applies for winter, fall and... even for summer. Strange but within latest years, July is sometimes rainy in Belgium.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Business Travel

• Zuzka's Profile Photo

Umbrella of course!

by Zuzka Written Aug 25, 2002

Tintin on the road

Luggage and bags: Do not forget the umbrella because it rains a lot in Belgium. But you have to accept it and get used to it - anyway the country is nice!

• funkymama's Profile Photo

by funkymama Written Aug 25, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: There is no particular dress code in Belgium.

Miscellaneous: If you visit Brussels in the winter,well bring your umbrella and rain jacket.

• B_Caro's Profile Photo

by B_Caro Written Aug 24, 2002

Miscellaneous: Take some special beers back home.

In this shop you'll find all kind of beers and a lot of gadgets, t-shirts, ... related to beer.

Instant Answers: Brussels

Comments

Brussels What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Brussels what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Brussels sightseeing.