Etterbeek Restaurants

Pré aux clercs
    by Norali

Most Recent Restaurants in Etterbeek

• Norali's Profile Photo

Le Pré aux clercs: Gourmets French cuisine !

by Norali Written Dec 10, 2003

Pr�� aux clercs

Well-located restaurant. Great layout. Orange-salmon walls just give a pinch of warmth... But with an open grill, it can't be different. Seats are comfortable.

Really good food: fresh ingredients and an half -Italian-half-Argentinian chef who cooks French, Italian cuisine as well as grill dishes.

I appreciate there ingredients quality. Yesterday June 7, I had a dinner at Le pré aux clercs, I ordered a duck fillet (again!). I could not have it since their product comes from France and strikes just hindered delivery of this particular product. Instead, the chef suggested dishes that were not all in the menu. Instead of a duck fillet, I had a risotto di mare. Delicious!

Price is not low but it's really worth it !
    We had a starter, a main dish, dessert, mineral water for 40-50 euros. See the menu in below URL.

Favorite Dish: Magret de canard et sa sauce au miel (Duck fillet with honey sauce) with fresh vegetables. Perfect! To die for!

Shrimp croquette is yummy as well.

Meat is served exactly according to your desire.

• Business Travel

• Norali's Profile Photo

Parfums d'Asie: Go there for the food, not the setting. Right?

by Norali Updated Dec 5, 2003

One thing is sure, don't go there for the setting. Rather clean but with some kitschy and amazing decorations. Three aquariums, quite common in Asian restaurants. Some animated waterfalls paintings. An animated buddha painting. It was fun going there. Yet, the personnel was rather nice so you are not tempted to laugh at the deco. Service is OK too.

This is the second place in Brussels where I appreciated most the nems. I tried their lacquered duck, yummy too. Crispy enough.

Favorite Dish: All dishes we tried were yummy...
    I recommend the dish with lemongrass (I think it was beef).
    The poulet au coco was to die for!
    In Brussels, this is the place where to have nems. I know a bit about nems since my parents were friends to Vietnamese and Laotian people. They learnt Vietnamese dishes from them and we use to make our homemade nems. Voilà.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Etterbeek

Comments

Etterbeek Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Etterbeek restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Etterbeek sightseeing.