Woluwé-Saint-Pierre Restaurants

• "Le train" is 2min walk from WSP...
  • View of
    View of "Les etangs Mellaerts" from...
    Marley replaced our traditional marche

Most Recent Restaurants in Woluwé-Saint-Pierre

Le train: For gourmets

by Norali Updated Apr 4, 2011

You cannot miss the restaurant while you are in Av. du val d'or. With a yellow store, it can be seen from far.

All yellow inside. A setting that preserves intimacy in a quiet corner.

In winter, feasants and venery specialties.

To have localisation, check here:

[Side note: "Le train" (The train) and ex- Le Train de Sylvain used to be located in the old railroad area, if I recall it well, on Rue de la Station in neighbouring Woluwé-Saint-Lambert. As I said earlier in my tips, there used to be a railroad passing through Woluwé park. It went through a part of Woluwé-Saint-Lambert (a neighbouring municipality) and Auderghem too. Some traces of it : the old railroad. Years ago, I was intrigued while browsing the area to see a "Café de la Gare" and not seeing any train passing by.. But scratching a little bit, I was showed the old train station area. From there comes the name of "Le train"]

Favorite Dish: Fish and seafood (lobster)

Roasted meat. The restaurant is officially recognized as one of best rôtisseries on here. Browse the website to know more about it.

Since I don't go to restaurants with a camera (why would I waste my time taking picture whilst the delicious meal is waiting for me ?), I posted a picture of our municipality hall. If you see this building, you know you're nearly at the restaurant.

• Business Travel

• Les Etangs de Mellaerts: Screaming kids who urinate in the garden!

by brusselsbabe Written Oct 8, 2007

Very nice food, lovely terrace which adjoins the garden with childrens play equipment. We went for lunch on a sunny sunday and there was a hoard of children running between the tables shrieking and hitting dustbin lids with sticks whilst their parents let them get on with it.
    When one of them needed the loo, his mother simply pulled down his trousers and pointed him at the hedge next to our table, when we complained and told her there were perfectly good loos inside, she replied that at three years old he was too strong willed and this is where he chose to urinate!!!!!
    The waited re-seated us elsewhere and did not tell her this was unacceptable behavior, so we will not be going there again.
    The service was extremley slow, and it's altogether not worth the 140 euros we paid for three people.

• Norali's Profile Photo

Brasserie "Les Etangs Mellaerts": Romantic view on Etangs Mellaerts (ponds) !

by Norali Updated Dec 4, 2005

View of

Ambience is I like most there.
    Located near Parc de Woluwe and in the "banks" of Mellaerts pounds, it's a charming place I like to stay at on hot days, and in winter as well.

You have the choice to take a seat in this kind of glass shed and enjoy the view of nearby ponds and mini-golf practice or have a seat in this kind of lounge. Deep-red chairs just welcome you while you can have a drink and chat with friends. From the lounge, you will have a view of the kitchen.

Music is nice (CD), I once heard there a CD with music from several islands of the world. I discovered a Malagasy group there. I mean that I heard little part of the song in the past and there I had the whole song. I spent times in this place near my favourite park.

As for food, I am especially used to tea and snack and dessert there. I had a diner there once, not bad.

On my picture, the building has at its left and right the Mellaerts ponds.

Favorite Dish: But I guess my favourite is dessert.

Price I gave is the bill of my only dinner I had there.

A warning though, in winter, it can be so popular that you'll probably have to queue at the entry hall to wait for a table to be freed... On January 2 2005, I went there to unwind, to relax after, strolled towards the Mellaerts .. to eventually find out we had to queue up... Oh no! we strolled back to my apartment, took the car and went to my friend's house to enjoy some hours together, some Christmas tea and homemade galettes... If it were at Mellaerts, it would have been nice too: hot chocolate and probably some slice of a fruit pie.

• Business Travel

• Norali's Profile Photo

Retromobilia: Should have been my best bet in the vicinity ...

by Norali Updated Jul 3, 2005
    Marley replaced our traditional marche

Le train has passed out... It has changed name into Retromobilia. Same chef, same cuisine but different name.

Also, a new feature, it is a kind of theme restaurant: the one dedicated to collectible cars and oldtimers. The chef and owner are members of a scuderia, hence the restaurant being a kind of HQ for some oldies lovers.

On the wall, photographs of cars on display, in some racing circuit... on stalls, models.

I used to pass by, twice a day and at evenings, this restaurant was always full. No wonder, the cuisine is delicious, the setting is simple, not intimidating, the waiter we had was caring... all of that is OK, except that:

There is One con: that day (a hot saturday noon), we were the only clients and were given a table at the basement. Next to us, a table occupied by the lady owner and her friends. One smoked cigarillos and some people were noisy, the lady owner too was a bit drunk. Too bad, the food was so pleasant but I prefer the quietness. Her husband (chef) was however caring. He joined us twice to ask whether "tout va bien" or not, with his toque and apron on. Wow, he is one of Maîtres cuisiniers de Belgique and, if that makes sense, his institution is recomended by Touring Assistance guide. And it's just up my street. :-)

Favorite Dish: For my first visit, I chose the menu découverte, worth 30 euros (wine not included).

Stater: mix de légumes grillés. Italian-style grilled vegetables in a large plate with some olive oil and tapenade. Amongst others, the dried aubergine was delicious.

Main dish: gambas et riz à la valencienne parfumé a safran (the saffron in it, guys !). Giant gambas with a paella base. Heaven!

The best was yet to come: soupe de fraises rafraîchie à la vanille, very refreshing. I'm looking for the recipe of this strawberry soup. It tasted strawberrry but was soft. I didn't detect the raw taste of fruit, not acidic nor too sweet, just perfect.

Eventually, my Mediterranian lunch was a delight.

Ah! their appetizer is yummy: serrano ham.

That day, we planned a promenade digestive in the nearby Parc de Woluwé. However, soon we realised that a nap with Mister Marley and his friends was to complete the whole thing. Indeed, what other activity would send you to bed with this smile of satisfaction ? You tell me ! I had a bottle of San Pellegrino that day. I cannot even imagine it if I had chosen a red wine... red red wine... that's UB40

Instant Answers: Woluwé-Saint-Pierre

Comments

Woluwé-Saint-Pierre Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Woluwé-Saint-Pierre restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Woluwé-Saint-Pierre sightseeing.

View all Woluwé-Saint-Pierre hotels