Places to eat in Belgium

by gordonilla

Most Viewed Restaurants in Belgium

Panier d'Or Brugge: nice typical at Brugge

by gwened Written Sep 4, 2014

Very nice resto stop here a while ago and finally have a photo to match. This is flemish cuisine very typical decoration if a bit touristic the prices are still ok. it is in the main square of Brugge.

It is near the belfry building leading to it. the resto is part of a group of several other restaurants with the same quality in Brugge

It has a good ambiance just for the place it is at, style brasserie with open fireplace. YOu have a choice of brasserie simple cuisine a la brugeoise. Good wines mostly French.

It is nicely done, great location and people viewing, the food is ok,the service rush as per the place.

Favorite Dish: menus from 17,50 to 29,50€ and we ordered always the menu du jour, freshest and best prices. The rabbit flemish style is delicious as it is one of fav foods. Waffles for desserts and great wines.

Le Panier d'Or
    • Architecture

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

"Moules à la façon Linda!": A Taste of Belgium

by lmkluque Updated Apr 2, 2014

One thing every visitor to Belgian should try is a dish called Moules. It is quite popular and delicious. Moules with Frites is unique to Belgium and not to be missed.

Thanks to the kind encouragement of VT Member "breughel" I tried to recreated this favored Belgian dish as a surprise for my Belgian daughter's birthday.

She loves mussels and has hardly had any since she's been in the U.S.A.

After checking out several "authentic" recipes, I created my own version based on various suggested ingredients.

To Be Continue...

Favorite Dish: Even though this was only the second time I made it--I tweaked from the first effort--my Belgian daughter said that it was the exact flavor she remembered. The only thing not exactly right were, the mussels, they were Prince Edward Island mussels and not Zeeland mussels--which we don't have here.

If you want the recipe write to me and I'll give it to you.

To Be Continue...

T' schrijverke and Bodega Lorena: best local and foreign restos in Brugge

by gwened Updated Aug 4, 2013

yes my favorite there is here T'SCHrijverke
    and Spanish
    Bodega Lorena ,here

One if full of Brugge taste and traditions in flemish lands. the other is Spain in Brugge and the meeting place of the Spanish community the owners been from Valladolid Spain.

Favorite Dish: moules and frites and tapas in Brugge, my two favorites when in town over the years

T'schrijvert resto

De Peerdestal: typical classic Belgian at Anvers

by gwened Written Sep 9, 2012

traditional and good been here several time ,practically each time in the city

hope it helps

Favorite Dish: filet of beef steaks are great, and sometimes the fish, I ordered the menu of the day, freshest and best always.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Il Quadrifoglio: Tubize

by lmkluque Updated May 20, 2012

I think that that Restaurant Il Quadrifoglio is one of a chain. There is an Il Quadrifoglio in Liege and one in Brussels too. I don't actually know if they are part of a chain or just happen to have the same name. However, it does seem that this restaurant is connected to La Primavera in Mons. I had such a nice meal in La Primavera that I thought it a good idea to try Il Quadrifoglion too.

Like it's sister restaurant, it was a cozy little place with good food. The decor seemed more formal but not pretentious.

Favorite Dish: Of course, I had the Pizza, since the pizza be was over by this time. Also, I had a salad and a glass or two of white Wine!

• Museum Visits

• kokoryko's Profile Photo

Le Relais de Vresse: Sleep in the woods and have breakfast “in town”!

by kokoryko Written Apr 6, 2012

When you decide to sleep in the woods, in your tent, you may not be in the mood, next morning to prepare a breakfast, and the best is to drive down to the next village and find a place where the black coffee and the pastries will get you in the right mood for a good start for the day!
    The “Relais de Vresse” is unmistakable, as Vresse is a small village, and the nice house, an old stage coach station, very nicely renovated is like winking to come in, and inside you are warmly welcomed, even at 8 a.m.: it is a hotel, so the staff is already busy.
    My young co-travellers were scared about their breakfast, but once we were sitting in a nice eating room, they were relieved when they saw the ham, the jams, the breads, the pastries, the fruit juices, the coffee, the tea, etc, arrive on the table five minutes after we stepped in! Excellent breakfast! From what I experienced that morning, I guess the hotel service and the restaurant are at same level: not pretentious, very good food and service, and very reasonable price; if you pass by Vresse, it may be worth to have a stop there and visit the village.

Belgian breakfast Belgian breakfast Le relais Lunch menu Beer, again !!!

Pergola and Park: Candlelight dinners in Brugge

by gwened Written Nov 15, 2011

i have been to two, both nice one is Pergola
    Park restaurant

hope it helps

Favorite Dish: the ambiance, the service, and the traditional Belgium dishes of mussels with wine wines. Also the cocquilles St Jacques, search for them all over.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Sir Anthony Van Dijck: Finest French restaurant in Antwerp

by Luchonda Updated Apr 4, 2011

The interior is unique - an old house in one of the oldest districts in the center of Antwerp
    saved for urbanisation plans of the city..
    The location is perfect for having an after diner fiest in the local bars/pubs.
    See my Antwerp page - but certainly look at IRISBE pages - she is the prof.!!

Favorite Dish: Favorite Dish:
    The food is excellent - the servants professionals and very kind.
    The house accepts VISA card - but this is another political story for this town.(Local scandal)
    There is a business menu - changing every month !
    I enjoyed the salmon in a vinaigrette of flavours as starter and a salmon a la minute with pasta - a pinot noir as wine - afterwards the irish coffe and my thoughts in Francavilla when i had a glass of the best champagne !
    The dessert was the best mix of fruit and italian ice !

Prices: VISA - so no comment for the Antwerp politicians !! (local history)

The oldest guest ??
    • Business Travel

• Cafe Leffe - Ostende: Ouch!

by SE16 Updated Aug 14, 2010

Reasonably busy - but the 3 of us were ushered to the crampest corner of the room. Served fairly quickly with drinks and starters arrived early - king prawns with garlic very good - but this was as good as it got. Mains brought fairly quickly after - however 2 entrcote steaks tough and chewy - looked and presnted well. No staff came to ask how things were until plates taken and comments made. Then left for 20 mins and...nothing... no appologies no dessert menu...nothing. We were stuck away in our corner and ignored. We got a waitress' attention & asked for the bill which arrived in seconds !! - I took my complaint to the main desk and after a bit of negotiation got a refund on one of the steaks. Will not return.

• Rosey-K's Profile Photo

Taste of India: Taste of India as it is...

by Rosey-K Written May 19, 2010

Quite a small and narrow restaurant, better make a reservation to avoid disappointment.

Quality and taste of food are relatively good.

Service is alright.

Not too expensive.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Tandoori and Naan. Their freshly baked naan was light and fluffy, very tasty to eat together with the chicken.

Chicken tikka masala also good.

Clay oven grilled tandoori chicken. The interior of the india restaurant. Naan, basmati rice, chicken tikka masala and dhal.

• Rosey-K's Profile Photo

Nostalgia: Simply slavish greek restaurant!!!

by Rosey-K Updated May 19, 2010

We are lucky to have a seat for two and dined for just 1 hour and 15 minutes, as we did not make any reservation.

Nice decoration in the restaurant, very friendly and quite pack with diners.

Lovely smell of charcoal grill food serve on the table.

So better make a reservation to avoid disappointment.

Favorite Dish: My charcoal grilled chicken was superbly done, and served with a jacket potato. Simply delicious. Can't forget the charcoal grill aroma.

The other dish that we enjoyed was charcoal grilled pork fillet skewer. Gosh......it was superbly done and super delicious. Also served with jacket potato.

Not forgetting there were salads too.

Value for money.

Super delicious charcoal grilled chicken. Charcoal grilled pork fillet on skewer.

• Couldn't tell you for life: Delicious Grill

by Dajorodrigo Updated Apr 23, 2010

Magnificient food, please do not go for for the atmosphere, but the food will make it worth the trip.
    (I actually ate multiple maincourses during one of my visits, I ordered 3 main dishes and if it wasn't for my girlfiend who wanted to go back to the hotel, I would have ordered another one.)

Favorite Dish: Do yourself a favour and order: "Ossenhaas van de Grill" (Just great grilled piece of death cow) Not a place to go to if you're a vegatarian.

• www.dinnersite.be: www.dinnersite.be

by robert071 Written Jul 20, 2009

www.dinnersite.be is the newest online-restaurantguide for Belgium. With special cityguides and many search options like restaurants with a terrace, childfriendly facilities, special diets and more, you can find them all on www.dinnersite.be

• DueSer's Profile Photo

Pickles: Go Figure

by DueSer Updated Feb 28, 2009

Who'd a thunk there'd be a good burger joint in Belgium?

Well, I will admit that when I ate here I had been away from Los Angeles for almost 2 weeks and had eaten nothing but Dutch, French, and Belgian food so my discovery of this little restaurant pleased me no end. Maybe I just thought it was wonderful because I was SO very hungry for a burger. I've had a few burgers around the world and most places just don't do it right. I can count on one FINGER the number of good burgers I've had outside of the U.S. and that would be this place.

Besides the burger, they had fantastic frites, second only to Leon's, in my opinion.

It's a cozy place, not cramped. You order at the counter and they bring you your food when it's ready. The tables line the windows so you can watch the world go by while you eat. I enjoyed the food and the experience very much.

Favorite Dish: Get a burger, frites, and a Coke.

• DueSer's Profile Photo

Chez Leon: Best Frites in the World

by DueSer Written Feb 28, 2009

This place has been around since 1893 for two very important reasons: mussels and frites. The mussels come in a big wooden bucket. Then they bring you 2 bowls. One is full of frites and the other is empty for you to put empty mussel shells in when you're done.

Everyone was very nice and seemed happy to be there and delighted that you walked in. The prices were very reasonable. I wish I hadn't waited until my last day in Bruxelles to eat there because I wanted to eat there again.

Favorite Dish: The frites are amazing. I had a lot while in Belgium and these were by far the best. They are so light and not greasy at all.

Belgium Hotels

153 Reviews - 344 Photos
Kortrijk Hotels
101 Reviews - 692 Photos

Instant Answers: Belgium

Comments

Belgium Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Belgium restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Belgium sightseeing.
Map of Belgium