The building of the Bihac Cultural Centre actually doesn't look anything fancy. It is a former Army Building with a colourful socialist-era mural on the front side.
In the small park in front of the building two original partisan cannons are exhibited. Here also stands the Statue of Peace (a woman holding a dove), which still shows many bullet holes from the recent war.
The Bihac Cultural Centre can be found just west of the city park (Gradski park) in a small park at the street Petog korpusa.
The Bihac Memorial Relief was inaugurated in 1960 for the 700 year anniversairy of the city. The relief commemorates the people who fought for Bihac's liberation.
It shows the year 1260 as the date of Bihac's first mention, as well as the date 1960 for the 700 year anniversairy.
The last major restoation of the memorial relief took place in 1986.
The Bihac Bihac Memorial Relief can be found at the former city wall near the Captain's Tower. It can best be seen from the crossing of the streets Aleja Alije Izetbegovica and Gazi-Husrev begova.
The turbe was constructed during Ottoman times as an Islamic style mausoleum. It commemorates the soldiers who died during a siege of Bihac by the Austro-Hungarians.
The hexagonal structure was built in Bihacit, which is a stone from the region. During the recent war in the 1990's the turbe was severly damaged, but repaired afterwards again.
Together with the St. Anthony's Church and the Captain's Tower, the Turbe forms the historic core of Bihac's city centre on the left bank of the river Una. The three sights are located at the southern end of the street Gazi-Husrev begova.
The history of the Fethija Mosque (Victory Mosque) dates back to 1266, when the building is said to have been constructed as the Church of St. Anthony.
In the late 16th century when the Ottomans conquered Bihac, the church was converted into a mosque. The church's bell tower was used as a minaret until the late 19th century and then replaced by the current minaret.
The main entrance and the round stained glass window above the entrance are still visible as typical church features.
On one side of the mosque a small Muslim burial ground can be found. The mosque is listed as "National Monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina" as well as an "Endangered Monument".
The Fethija Mosque stands right in the city centre at the small square Trg Dz. ef. Causevica, which is located at the northern ends of the streets ul. Bosanska and ul. Gazi-Husrev begova.
The Captain's Tower (Kapetanova kula) is one of Bihac's oldest buildings dating back to the 13th century, when it was part of the town walls.
The current structure was probably built in the 16th century, although figures vary depending on the sources.
During the Austro-Hungarian era the tower was used as a prison. Since 1959 it houses a regional museum.
Just next to the St. Anthony's Church, the Captain's Tower can be found right in Bihac's city centre at the street Gazi-Husrev begova.
The Fethija Mosque was once a Gothic Church called St Anthony. After the conquest of Bihaæ, it was turned into a mosque and given the name Fethija (from the Arabic meaning, Victory). The Mosque/Church was built circa 1255 AD.
The Ottoman Army, led by the Bey of the Segedin Sanjak, Hasan Pasha Predojeviæ, occupied the town in June 1592.
The Mosque is in a bad state of repair, but the Bosnian Government has given the building the status of National Imp[ortance, and work has been planned in the near future to restore it.
Upon and near the main mosque's door many arabic writings.
This mosque was previosly a gothic church as you can still notice looking at some architectonical particulars as the windows, then after the 13th century, it became a mosque and these writings were added.
The Catholic St. Anthony's Church (Crkva svetog antuna) was errected in 1894 as a replacement for the original St. Anthony Church, which had been converted to the Fethija Mosque by the Ottomans at the end of the 16th century (see previous tip).
Already 50 years later, in 1944 the St. Anthony's Church was destroyed during allied bombings and only the rectangle bell tower survived. Nowadays the reamins are listed as National Monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The bell tower of the St. Anthony's Church dominates Bihac's town silhouette It is located right in the city centre at the street Gazi-Husrev begova in close vicinity to the Captain's Tower.
The town was first mentioned at the end of the 13th century when Bosnia was ruled by the Croat kings. Around 1577 the whole Bosnia was conquested by the Ottomans and Velika Kladusa become important garnison from where Turks have undergone their attacks to neighboring Croatia and further to Vienna.
In the center of Bihac a really nice mosque built in the 13th century.
No big damages after war in the Mosque.
Many ones in the building around it.
The Turbe, the big tower of the ruined Catolic Church of S. Anthony, and the Kapetanova Kula tower ( used as a prison during the war) are located in the city center not far from the Fethija Mosque.
Una river divedes Bihac into two main areas.
It's nice and relaxing walking along this river in the park.
Cazin, a small town between Velika Kladuša and Bihaè
The only remaining typical house from the Otoman's period