Medugorje Travel Guide

Medugorje Things to Do

• The Cross Mountain

The Cross Mountain is situated not far from the town of Medugorje. The path leading to the peak is lined with stations of the Cross and awaiting you at the top is a huge white cross errected there in the beginning of the 20th century, some time before the Second World War. The mountain is not particularly steep but the path is uneven, full of...

• The Pilgrimage

Most visitors to this place are Catholic pilgrims making a visit to the place where some children say they saw the Virgin Mary. This seems to always occur in remote areas of Catholic countries. Call me skeptical but it sounds a little "X Files" to me.Thanks for the correction on info to margieoh.

• Visit the Cenacolo

Cenacolo is a community of men aged 15 right up to 50 who either have lived on the street or have had very bad drug problems. It is a safe haven where the men pray, work in construction and live in community. All of them learn Italian since the foundress is an Italian nun. They have men from 25 different nations and as many as 15 languages at once....

Medugorje Restaurants

• WONDERFUL FOOD & THE ICE CREAM

A FRIENDILY ATMOSPHERE, GREAT FOOD, FRESH FISH, VEAL, STEAK, THE ICE CREAM IS DELICIOUS, CATERS FOR KIDS AND ADULTS, FRIENDILY STAFF, VERY CHEAP, LOCAL FRESH PRODUCE USED, CENTRAL LOCATION, CHICKEN SALAD, FRESH PRODUCE GROWN LOCALLY, WELL PRESENTED, TASTED FABULOUS, VERY CHEAP,

• Lots of places to choose from

Like any toursit spot, this one has a buttload of places to choose from to eat at. You can get just about anything you want here.

• Medugorje Hotels

0 Hotels in Medugorje

Medugorje Transportation

• by herci25 Written Aug 9, 2006

We took an organized pilgrimage but next time that I go I will go with my family alone. I asked around and it is not so hard to come.
    Usualy the airport that we will fligh in is in Split, Mostrar or Dubrovnik. From there we will take the bus to the buss station and than one to Medjugorje.
    But I am also thinking about taxi it is more expensive but who knows it will all depend on my time of arrival.

Medugorje Tourist Traps

• Taxis

Be sure you know where you're going....taxis are 5 euro anywhere in medjugorje but some places are so close together you can walk such as from the cenacolo to the blue cross to apparition hill, if you get a taxi to one you can easily walk to the rest

• Catholic Souvenirs

Just like the Vatican it does not miss a trick. It saddens me to see that religion boils down to crass consumerism like everything else. Religion for profit? I don't like the idea.Even though I feel that way I still stopped and bought two items. I purchased a fridge magnet as my wife collects them and I bought a Rosary for my mother-in-law. She is...

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Medugorje? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Medugorje Favorites

• american_tourister's Profile Photo
    MINAS!

by american_tourister Written Jan 12, 2005

Favorite thing: Even though this part of the country was spared the brunt of the fighting, farmers still till up a mine every now and then. Our EOD team was called in to dispose of this one from a local farmer's field.

• Work Abroad
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Medugorje

Comments

Explore Deeper into Medugorje
Map of Medugorje