Been here? Rate It!
Academy of Arts
The Academy of Arts is situated in the building of the former Evangelical Church.
It was erected at the end of the 19th century during Austro Hungarian times when many protestants came to Sarajevo.
After the end of the monarchy the building was out of use; much later the Academy of Arts has finally found its new home here.
The building of the Academy of Arts dominates the left bank of the river Miljacka in the area around the Skenderija.
Academy of Arts, Obala Marka Dizdara 3, Sarajevo
- Budget Travel
ACEDEMY OF FINE ARTS
It is a nice example of Austrian Period.When I was there it was under renovation.
According to the design of Karlo Paržik, it was built in 1898-99. This place of worship architecturally expresses the early Christian- Byzantine style. In the beginning there was only the church building, and a decade later wings were added in the same style.
Academy of Fine Arts (former Evangelical Church)
The ex evangelical church is the seat of the Academy of fine arts of Bosnia in the other border of the River Miljacka. A beautiful yellow romantic - byzantine building created by the architect Karlo Parik in 1899 whose dome reminds of Budapest`s parliament house, is needing a reparation by the damage suffered during war.
Along the river - Academy of Fine Art
This lovely building was once an evangelical church. We did not go inside just admired it from the outside. There is an interesting and unusual bridge in front of this building.
- Arts and Culture
Academy of Fine Art
Before Evangelical Church
it was built in 1898/89.
This place of worship architecturally expresses the early Christian style,
Beautiful river side architecture.
- Historical Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Sarajevo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Santa Ana Hotels
- Beausoleil Island Hotels
- Bell Gardens Hotels
- Kongsvinger Hotels
- Lido di Camaiore