Been here? Rate It!
Old town hall
the Old town hall is a beautiful pseudo moorish buildind built by the austro hungarian rulers in 1894. In 1945 was turned into the National Library. During the war in august 1992 it was intentionally targered with more than 50 shells and over 2 millions of books, periodicals and documents vanished in the flame.
A must for a couple of hours exploring or for us several visits. I guess some restoration has gone on recently, it's all very pretty and enjoyable, lovely part of town to spend time in.
Old town - is not as old as...
Old town - is not as old as you can suppose, mostly built for the Olympic Games in 1984, but is a great place to walk, have a cake of buy some pseudo-turkish souvenirs.
Sarajevo Old Town 3
From this part of the old town you can also have a look at the hills surrounding this city and neighborhood on those hills.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Sarajevo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Vilarinho das Furnas Hotels
- Watkinsville Hotels
- Chantemerle-lès-Grignan Hotels
- Malim Hotels
- Grindleford Bridge