Borovec Local Customs

Cats and dogs :)
    by hekate

Most Recent Local Customs in Borovec

• hekate's Profile Photo

A place where dogs and cats live in peace :)

by hekate Written Oct 13, 2005

Cats and dogs :)

I was walking alongside Rila hotel and my eyes were scanning the shops for some useless souvenier or a nice CD when I came across that sight - at the entrance of one of the shops the cat and the dog sitting next to each other with no visible signes of hostility between them :)

I thought it was just a temporary thing but when I walked back the same place after an hour and a half nothing had changes besides the fact that the dog went to sleep as well :)))

• hekate's Profile Photo

One of the advantages of Borovets is the good food

by hekate Written May 28, 2005

Cheverme

One of the reasons I like Borovets is that the place is full of pubs offering delicious food. Most of the restaurants offer both international and local traditional dishes.

What makes it even better is that the prices are reasonable. Due to the fact that it is a resort a lot of people speak English and the menus are usually written in several languages, so you are not going to make wild guesses of what you are going to have :)

What you see on the picture is called "cheverme" Usually it is either a lamb or a piglet backed on open fire. If they prepare it properly it is really delicious :) I would recommend you to try it.

• Nixter01's Profile Photo

Local Police Transport

by Nixter01 Written Mar 19, 2005
    Ello, ello ello

After looking at this local police car for awhile in amusement, I came to the conclusion that if we ever were accompanied anywhere by the local law, then I think I'd rather walk. Looks about as reliable as an Austin Metro !

Instant Answers: Borovec

Comments

Borovec Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Borovec local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Borovec sightseeing.